Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market to buy a HID kit for accord and was having trouble deciding on which ones to pick up, I read a lot of different reviews ranging from cheap 50$-70$ kits to 300$ kits, so was really having trouble picking the right one. Any help is appreciated!

Also anyone know the bulb size for the 2011 accord sedan?

·
(ノ ̄д ̄)&#1
1,015 Posts
The kits range in prices. Generally, the more expensive ones are better. There are some cheap kits that some don't have any problems with while others do. OEM ballasts and bulbs would definitely be a good idea, though.

The sedan's low beam bulb is a 9006. I wouldn't use a PnP HID kit, though, which leaves you with two options:

1. Get a retrofit done to your headlights. There are some cheap budget kits out there with OEM-quality HID projectors or you can use OEM HID projectors for the best quality. There are some better than others. I would personally get in touch with some of the retrofitters around the forum like Greg (LFSoccer2k6), Ken (thisaznboi88), or Chris (KingMooCow) for more information on which projectors to go for and what kind of ballasts and bulbs, depending on your budget.

2. Don't use HIDs. Instead, use HIR bulbs. Preferably, 9012 bulbs with a modded base. Markus can give you better input on those. I believe for the 9012, it's the Toshiba 9012 that's the better choice. There are some that get better light output going this route over HIDs.

·
Registered
722 Posts
i got some 5000k HIDs off ebay for about $50 two years ago and they're worked fine for me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts