Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed some HIDs few days ago for my low beam and high beams. But now when i turn my car on the high beam bulbs look like strobe lights because of the DRL... Then when I turn the reg headlights on it stops. Both HIDs are working fine. But Is there anything I can do to stop the high beams from blinking when i turn the car on? Is there nething I can install to stop this? :dunno:

Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
pull out the DRL fuse. You can't run HID's as DRL's because they are trying to run them at half power and that's not enough to fire up the HID's and that is why they are like strobe lights.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there one fuse specifically for the DRL? Thanks man.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks rob

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
How about you not use HID's for your high beams because they are completely useless.

HID's aren't meant to be turned on and off often and I foresee you having more problems later on down the road.

You can't tell me your OEM high beams are not providing you with enough light.

Having HID's in your high beams won't make them any brighter than your low beams I don't think anyways. 5000k for example isn't going to be any brighter just because they are in the high beam slot. I could be wrong ..

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Actually it will be brighter than stock halogen bulb, not so much it's in the high beam housing, but because HID has 2.5 times more lighting lumens.

However I agree with you there is no need to put HID in the high beam housing, it's more than bright enough from the factory, plus you can't quickly flick the high beams a couple of times to signal other drivers such as to "remind" them they have their high beams on etc.

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
Actually it will be brighter than stock halogen bulb, not so much it's in the high beam housing, but because HID has 2.5 times more lighting lumens.

However I agree with you there is no need to put HID in the high beam housing, it's more than bright enough from the factory, plus you can't quickly flick the high beams a couple of times to signal other drivers such as to "remind" them they have their high beams on etc.
Yea I meant 5000k low beam vs 5000k high beam.

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
bet you he wants to have a quad headlight look that's why he went for it. and DRL runs @ 5V while the highbeam mode is 12V. HID ballast require the 12V input for full power.

OP, if you want quads, get a harness to bypass the DRL line entirely.
That would look stupid because DRL's are halogen housing vs low beam projectors .. talk about some glare.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you guys lived in the area i live you would understand why i need hids in my high and low beams, but I guess its more of a problem then nething....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So even If i take out my DRL fuse, I will still have problems in the future? I wont be turning the high beams on and off a lot they will just be on when i need em on these dark ass roads in FL with no street lights. They are really bright when i have the low and high beam on at the same time... thanks for the info guys

·
Registered
968 Posts
Im in KY and we have alot of drrk road with out any lights and my low beam set works just fine. Your high beams will only light up a little bit more out front but will light up your sides and top view alot more. If you have a good hid kit you will get all the light you need.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well I didnt have the $$ for a nice hid kits so when these go out ill invest in some better ones... when i have both on I see a lot better though... i dunno it doesnt seem like a waste to me... and imma def look into gettin fog light hids also.

·
Registered
134 Posts
There is no such thing as enough light, it helps to see critters before they jump onto the road, after you hit a deer or so you will see our point of wanting more light.

I could see your point of enough stock lighting if you are a city dweller and do not use the high beams ever.

And I know is some areas "flicking the high beams" to on coming drivers is not legal. I will agree it is very annoying when the oncoming drivers do not dim thier headlights quickly.

·
Registered
86 Posts
OP,
For what its worth pull the DRL fuse and throw in the hid for one sole purpose.
Back when i had a 99 olds bravada i went to valvoline for an oil change (free from school)
the did a routine test of my headlights turns etc. when i turned on my lows they were impressed but when i flipped on the high beam they laughed and my really pathetic halogen bulbs.
with that said im running 35w 12000k's in my lows and 55w 12000k's in my highs with no problems in my 04.

·
Registered
968 Posts
There is no such thing as enough light, it helps to see critters before they jump onto the road, after you hit a deer or so you will see our point of wanting more light.

I could see your point of enough stock lighting if you are a city dweller and do not use the high beams ever.

And I know is some areas "flicking the high beams" to on coming drivers is not legal. I will agree it is very annoying when the oncoming drivers do not dim thier headlights quickly.

I have hit a dear. That what made me get hids for my car. problem is you will see the dear up front but if they come in on the side by the time you see them you will still hit the dear. Like I said. If you have a good kit you will get enough light. Dont get a cheap set. If you wanted get a good set for lows and then get a ddm set for your highs. You wont use them all the time.

I thinking about getting some 4300k for my fogs and then upgrading my lows to the Philips set.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts