Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking for HIDs but did not want to produce a glare for other drivers, and I ended up picking these headlights up.

Installed these 2 months ago and so far they have been working without a problem.
I'll try posting cut off pics soon. What do you think? :yes:

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Extra pic

~.^

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found them at CarId. I bought them with the hid kit which is another 100 bucks.

http://www.carid.com/1999-honda-accord-headlights/

(You can find a cheaper kit online, just make sure you get the right type of bulb for your new housing. I think mine is h1 for the low beam and h3 for the high beam. Or is it the other way around? ) And it's a 99 ex 5 speed.

let me know if you got more questions about installing, etc...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks.
2 quick questions:
Are the lights doing good? Cause i keep hearing bad stuff about them and I wanna know if they're holding up
And, how did you install them?

Sorry for all the questions, just wanna know more about the lights.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The housing is holding up well. It rains a lot here in Washington and they appear to be sealed properly. Mine only got some fogging up in the driver's side because the splash guard came off for a few days.

As for the lights: they lasted me 6 months and that was because I used to have them on during daylight. I'm about to pick up another set of bulbs and I'll be using those less during the day.

The ones in the pictures are 5000k. I replaced them with 6000k just for a change. I'll post a pic of the 6000k lights once I get them hooked up.

Installation included removing the bumper, replacing OEM headlights, wiring the halo rings and making a harness for the bulbs (just in case). Took me almost a whole day but at the shop they said it was the cleanest fit on those headlights they've seen.

·
Reverse Gear
57 Posts
I think those headlights still produce some glare, even if you are using projectors. Halogen Projectors =/= HID Projectors. IMO, I think they look out of place on the car. To each his own though.

Any pictures of the cut-off?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I want to put HID Projectors in my 1996 Silver honda accord. I want to know how long they last ( did read all above posts). I also just don't know if I want to put them in because of the color of my car. I found some from TurboMetalhttp://turbometal.com/lighting/projector-headlight/94-95-96-97-honda-accord-headlights-halo-projector-jdm-black.html I just dont know if I want to put them on. Any suggestions? My headlights are about to have to be replaced anyway.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@ Ofnir. Yes I was told by my friend that 1 seemed like it was higher than the other one. I decided to take them out in the end because of 2 reasons.
- The bulbs do burn fast. and I mean changing them every 3 months is ridiculous and expensive.
-I felt that these headlights are not the best option because I feel like I'm blinding drivers and that isn't safe.

I went back to stock.Took off orange strip and decided to stick with good ol halogen bulbs :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts