110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,819 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Has anyone tried the HIR (high intensity reflection) bulbs in their 8th Gen Accord?

I have a sedan and love it...except for the lights!!!

http://store.candlepower.com/ph3rdge90h.html
I bought the HIR's from that website. They are an upgrade, no doubt, best you can do without HIDs. You will have to trim the base, not a big deal but they do not fit in our headlights without the mod. That is easier than the actual changing of the bulbs, a bit of a hassle on our cars. If you search you will find pix of the light beam from my sedan, the best pixs on the last page of that older thread.

I highly recommend them. Remember to get the newer version I think Daniel Stern sells the older ones and the newer ones. good luck

·
Corvalis TTX
5,594 Posts
They're the best upgrade for the sedan, bar none. They'll give you more than enough light without producing the glare and the over-lit foreground that a HID kit gives.

Be sure to get the Philips 9012 rather than the Toshiba 9012. It's a newer bulb and it's superior to the Toshiba. Read about the Philips bulb here.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have the 9011's in the high beams on my coupe, and love them. Well worth the time and $$ to upgrade.

·
Registered
72 Posts
yup agree with everyone so far. Best thing next to a retrofit that you can get for the sedan in terms of lighting. Had these for awhile and loved them!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts