Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, the deer ran into me! thankfully the only damage done was that it took off my drivers side view mirror, and now i'm looking for a replacement. driving without a side view stinks!

my wheels are a 2003 EX V6 w/navi.. looking for a power mirror and or heated mirror replacement.

any advise?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh and i'm fine but the deer probably didn't make it, poor thing looked like it had been already clipped before i hit it.

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
Well good thing it didn't do too much damage. Hitting big animals head on can total your rig.

Poor deer.

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
Wow, lucky he didn't do more damage! I got T-Boned by a deer in my Camry about 2 years ago, and he did a couple of thousand $ worth of damage. Bastard.

You can get an aftermarket mirror on ebay -- if you have your old mirror, and the colormatched part isn't cracked, it unclips from behind the mirror glass and can be swapped into another mirror to save you from having to find a match or painting yourself. The ebay ones look decent, and IIRC they're only about $50-60. Otherwise, check LKQ or car-part.com (or ebay) for a used OEM, and still change the colored skullcap.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Partsgeek has a brand called action crash and there are the hybrid mirror(flashers). I did a post on the wiring. If you really want a stock side view make me an offer with s/h included.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good call on ebay.. found some reasonably priced auctions.

i'll need to find a front license plate mount too, that was destroyed as well.

thanks all.

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
good call on ebay.. found some reasonably priced auctions.

i'll need to find a front license plate mount too, that was destroyed as well.

thanks all.
Make sure you're buying the right versions too - many ebay listings don't specify. Coupe/Sedan mirrors are not compatible, and you need to make sure if you have manual, power, or power with heat that you get the same version. A heated one would work on non-heated cars, but wouldn't function as heated unless you custom wired the elements, and will cost you more.

Good luck.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Make sure you're buying the right versions too - many ebay listings don't specify. Coupe/Sedan mirrors are not compatible, and you need to make sure if you have manual, power, or power with heat that you get the same version. A heated one would work on non-heated cars, but wouldn't function as heated unless you custom wired the elements, and will cost you more.

Good luck.
Yes sir, covering all of those bases. As long as I can find one w/power controls at a reasonable price i'm good.

·
C1 909
198 Posts
glad you're safe, i was driving thru colorado mountains.. hit a dead deer going 85 .. thank god it was already dead

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can someone advise me on how to remove the mirror assembly cover? You know, the cover that is painted to match the vehicle?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
remove the glass. it's probably clipped on from the inside.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts