Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I had to take a quick road turnoff, and there was a raised, rounded ledge on the turnoff that I didn't see. I hit it while slowing down, but it felt like I hit it kind of hard.

Since then it seems like I'm feeling bumps more strongly and the ride isn't quite as smooth. Could I have damaged my shocks or another suspension part? How do I check?

Thanks,
MF

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello MF, my 2007 accord also feels the bumps stronger, did you get any clues? my thought is the shock support rubber may be the problem but i haven't check it yet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldn't find any visible damage, so I stopped worrying about it. :)

I did eventually change out front and rear sway bars along with the end links to improve handling, which does increase the "road feel" a little bit more. Other than upgrading to 16" OEM wheels from the steelies, I've left everything else alone and the car is riding well. The 16" wheels do also add a little bit more "road feel" that the taller sidewall on the 15s would soak up.

My rear springs are sagging a bit, so I am considering installing coil-overs this summer. If the front shocks or the "top hat" did take some damage from that hard hit, new coilovers will be the end of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts