Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a pothole and blow out my back tire on monday on the side of highway , I replace it with the donut and all three lights come on EPS , VSA And TPMS ,afterwards i drove it to a all night tire shop to replace the tire, i had 4 good years tires originally , now i have pretty good used tire i have on my back wheel is michelin ,but the lights are still on ? is this usually , does anybody have a solutions ? the steering wheel seems normal when i drive , is it safe to drive ? so far i switch the battery out because it died when i was changing the tire , because i left my hazard lights on, when it rains it pours. any suggestion

i have a 2013 honda accord sport , 44550 miles

·
HK Moderator
13,377 Posts
Normal for what happened to you,

As long as the replacement tire is the same exact size as the other three, all you have to do is reset your TPMS. Hold the button down until it flashes at you.

You might have to disconnect the battery terminals from the battery, touch the non-powered terminals together for a second, then re-install the terminals connections to the battery posts.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/162-wheels-suspension-brakes/76621-9th-gen-tpms-indicator-issues-thread.html

Make sure your original TPMS sensor in the damaged wheel was not damaged/missing itself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i tried to calibrate , i'm getting a message saying " calibrating is failed . i will try disconnecting the battery thing .

·
HK Moderator
13,377 Posts
After holding down the button, you have to drive the car to allow the re-calibration to take place. You can't just hold the button then shut the car off.

Newsweek regrets the error.

If that doesn't work, then your car has become self-aware, Skynet is active, and we all gonna die.

·
Registered
145 Posts
OP did you fix the issue w/ RickBlaine's advice? I had the exact same situation today. Didn't have time to replace flat tire yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same problem too. Changed one tire due to a blow out from a pothole, now the three warning lights won't go out. Any solutions other than going to the dealership?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, i have a issue with my 2015 Accord EX-L V6 after hitting a pothole and having to put my spare tire on and get a new tire for my wheel. Today i had the wheel mounted and got an alignment, i went to my vehicle settings and when i try to calibrate it says “Calibration failed” and my tpms light starts blinking and then stops. Does anyone have any experience on this problem? (It’s the same exact tire as the last, size and brand.) Thanks!

·
Elvira - the car
3,358 Posts
How hard did you hit that pothole @9thgenaccord93 ?

IMHO I believe it to be the wheel speed sensor but no one seems to have the ABS light illuminate.

Read post 2's link and understand the TPMS system used on 2013's and up.

The sensor may have been knocked loose, damaged internally on the hub (I believe that sensor reads a part in the hub).

Does the ABS still work?

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you have still been driving the vehicle it has probably reset on its own by now. No tpms Sensors on 9th gen accords.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts