Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 V6 Accord. When i purchased the vehicle the driver's seat had a very small tear. Over the last three years it has gotten worse. Anyone have any experience repairing holes in these seats? Also is there any preventative maintenance I should be doing on these seats?

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
honestly, get seat covers. haha i guess im not helping much, my leather is in reeeallly bad condition. the previous owner probably spilled acid on the seats or something because its as hard as plastic for me. i dont know any way of stitching that up, my end goal is to hit the lottery and buy katzkin leather seats :)

·
Carpe Diem
2,565 Posts
Seeing how bad a shape those seats are in, I'd just get cheap covers or get the katzkin leather overlays installed if you want to do it right.

·
White on Black AV6-6
100 Posts
Walmart has cheap seat covers. And so does Cabelas.

·
Roll Tide!
6,794 Posts
not sure about your area, but here they have a local guy that comes around the stealerships to do interior reconditioning on their recent trade-ins before they are put on the lot. the guy does leather repair, cracks, plastic, vinyl, and whatever else needs to be fixed. perhaps you got someone in your area that does the same.

imo, patching the hole would be like polishing a turd. your seat has seen better days and i'd recommend picking up one in much better condition from a junkyard and make the swap.

i'm with rick on the good "cheap" seat covers. there aren't any. a $30 set a walmart would be like putting a kleenex on your seat and expecting it to fit well and protect the seat.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,027 Posts
I'd go with ike's advice and comb your local scrap yards, or order the Katskin replacement covers for the front seats.

·
Honda only...
304 Posts
You could condition your seat with some leather conditioner to prevent more damage,
I don't know your budget but one option would be to get your seat redone by leather shop, might be pricey ,or go to your local junk yard to see if you can replace the entire seat?
Covers are a option but just hides the damage already done.
Hope it helps...

·
Banned
13,100 Posts
My cousin bought an older Civic with leather seats from a smoker....he tried the Walmart seat cover thing but like bobbo and jimijam said, after a few days they looked a year old and started to tear.

Here in Chicago, there is a neighborhood of "upholstery shops" that do kitchen chairs, sofas, and yes, leather car seats. The Mexican neighborhoods here have some pretty talented craftsman and at good prices. They replaced three "panels" (two on driver's seat and one on passenger seat) for $120. They matched the "grain" of the panels and of course the color. The stitching looked like it was always there.

He probably could have had it done for $100 as there were four guys sitting watching TV when he walked in- and one younger guy in the shop no doubt busting his arse. Took the younger guy a little over 2 hours to do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts