Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to put a grill behind and could not find a metal one so settled on a plastic grill which works better cause it was black and light.

Cost of project 4 bux. Gutter guard, zip ties, and 30 minutes :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
hmm looks good. i still havent done mine yet. how are the ones on your grill being held up? just the three screws? i cant seem to find the "mesh" with holes that small.. =/

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep just using the screws, so secure that no double side tape was necessary

·
.Net developer
156 Posts
that looks nice considering u can just buy that at home depot! im definitely gonna stop by and check that out.. how much was it? :)

·
Kyle
39 Posts
Cool idea looks good man, but I'm picky don't like how you can see the zip ties on the bottom grill. Maybe use a glue gun lol or find some other way :dunno:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
are there already 3 screws there stock? or did you just kinda screw it in yourself? any problem with it bending when driving in alot of high speeds/windy conditions?

·
i-VTEC, do you?
284 Posts
Smart move, it keeps vital A/C parts from getting smacked with a stray rock.
Yeah, I've always wondered why Honda didn't put in some kind of mesh from the factory...

Looks great btw! Home Depot ftw. :thmsup:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ive tried to take a pic with my blackberry with no avail, ill get a pic up with the entire front tomorrow with an actual camera.

nodrog321, the screws where there already, just unscrewed them put mesh and screwed them back in.

it's very solid, I drive on the hwy everyday and have no problems

btw stay tuned for my dummies guide for ebay fog light soon :thumbsup:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am so glad you posted this. I had figured my car was missing some factory screen down there, and did exactly what you did here, except my gutter guards came from Lowes. But I was too embarrassed to post it. It is definitely better than having nothing there. My M3 has a plastic grid and it has worked well for the eight years I've owned it.

Looking forward to the pix and the fog light how-to.

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
that looks nice considering u can just buy that at home depot! im definitely gonna stop by and check that out.. how much was it? :)
Sweet!! +1 Might have to to do alittle project this upcoming three day weekend! Maybe a good starting point to seeing if a badge would sit in there somehow - hmmm

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
turns out taking a pic from a distant is impossible with my cameras so i had to take one from about half a meter away. Any farther and it cant capture the grill. In real life you can actually see it from a few meters.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Looks great man. I seriously have to do this soon. I find so many moths/butterflies on my condenser.

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
Seriously might do this over the weekend, and was wondering what people thought about adding in somehow a grill badge - thought it would be really cool and original if i can do something like a 6-6 Badge *maybe even a thick decal on the wiring - :naughty:

What was the brand of the wiring used? Might go to HD tomorrow -

·
2007 Honda Accord SE
407 Posts
Yeah please, what was the brand ? I went to HD and they didn't have this at all, just a chrome one. I want the black plastic.

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
Ok so I went to Home Depot today and all they had was these huge rolls of chicken wire basically, annoyed I went to my local hardware store and found it!!
Its black gutter guard and its plastic and perfect!! A nice roll is only $2.99 -

Here is my mock up of what I am trying to do, mind you i don't know yet what badge i will be making, the 6-6 was an experiment lol ..

http://picasaweb.google.com/CJMalara/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCNDg_dGt3d_lfQ#5524712724735882594

1 - 20 of 27 Posts