Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Did you ever solve the problem and was it the pcm?.
I am having the same issue replaced the coil packs and spark plugs and still have no spark. I have fuel pressure and recently changed the battery.
Hello there, No I have not solved the problem yet because it has been cold. I opened the PCM plastic cover yesterday and found nothing unusual, no rat in there. As the matter of fact, I am looking at the electronic diagram now to find the location of the ground signal that activate the ignition relay.
Please keep posted

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Did you also check the ignition switch inputs, the crank/cam position sensor, and the security system?

it’s almost never the computer.
Thanks for reply. You brought up some things very interesting.
I did replaced the whole thing, I believe it is call steering lock assembly. I will check soon. I replaced the crank/cam sensor and I think it is working because I see a reading of 200-300 RPM.
Security system? As far as I know, the car does not have any, unless they have something built-in. I will see if any light blinking.
Many thanks for your inputs.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks for reply. You brought up some things very interesting.
I did replaced the whole thing, I believe it is call steering lock assembly. I will check soon. I replaced the crank/cam sensor and I think it is working because I see a reading of 200-300 RPM.
Security system? As far as I know, the car does not have any, unless they have something built-in. I will see if any light blinking.
Many thanks for your inputs.
The 6th Gen includes an immobilizer. If it doesn't properly recognize the key you will see an indication in the instrument panel -- it's the green key indicator. According to the service manual the Honda will cut fuel and the car will not start without the coded key.

If you've meddled with the key area, an improperly connected or malfunctioning ignition switch OR a problem with the security receiver is quite likely. You should see the green key light illuminate for 2 seconds when you switch the key on -- make sure the bulb is working. If the key light continues to blink after 2 seconds it means the key is not recognized. You'll have to do an immobilizer system diagnosis if it's not working (could be bad receiver, improper connection, etc.).

See page 22-205 of the service manual:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does this mean my time is off?. Tdc and off by a tooth and the piston from the first cylinder is all the way up but not fully it's like of by like a centimeters I think

·
Registered
149 Posts
Does this mean my time is off?. Tdc and off by a tooth and the piston from the first cylinder is all the way up but not fully it's like of by like a centimeters I think
Double check you followed the correct procedure on aligning the crank and cams. Is the chain under sufficient tension?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts