Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm trying to decide if I want to get the Hybrid again or just get the base EX model with the 4 cyl. What do you guys average in MPG? And do you drive mostly highway or in the city? Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information but I've already looked and even the regular 4 cyl accords 2015 models are averaging only 25-26 MPG? Is that right?? I thought I've seen people here who said they get around 32-34?

Every EX model I found is lower than 30 MPG on this site. I think I even remember someone saying that their V6 Accord was getting 34 MPG on the freeway? I'm sure combined is something like 30?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have attached a picture of the Excel spreadsheet I have been working on. I log the data every time I fill up. I have to say, I was expecting better mileage also. I will say that when running CC (cruise control) my instant mileage is around 45mpg. I am certain also that driving style plays a role. I do lean on that right foot a bit sometimes on the highway, but don't do that on the streets (its pointless and irritates me).

My commute data is attached on the picture, but some pointers; I sit at stop lights/stop signs most of those 13.2 miles I commute (Monday-Friday). Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a I4 6 spd 2015. My mileage combined started out in the high 27mpg range when it was brand new and steadily moved up to my best of 29.8. Since then with the ac on usually it is in the high 28s, low 29s.
I would say my driving is about 35% city, 65% hwy. The best any of my cars have ever averaged was a 2010 5spd Civic that got 33mpg combined.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I haven't driven my hybrid a lot but I've noticed driving on the freeway gets me only about 33mpg. It does have only 200 miles on it and I don't stay on the freeway for long. If you can keep the battery charged, you can get over 40mpg and even 50mpg or more if no stops.

·
Reverse Gear
999 Posts
FWIW when the 2013 Accord was tested By Consumer Reports, they reported an average of 30 MPG for the I4 and 26 MPG for the V6 Sedans. Your driving style will play a big factor in your mileage. I've only done one tankful in my V6 so far, and the computer reported 29.4 for the entire tank. For my 7th Gen I4 5MT, I've averaged 28. Consumer reports had these numbers for i4/V6/V6 Hybrid on 7th Gen: 24/23/25

·
Registered
587 Posts
Mostly highway. Mostly at about 75 mph. Often go to creeping along for several miles on those highways, as traffic can get very messy. Total running average the first 13,000+/- miles by using Trip odometer and indicated pump volume: 36.4 mpg. That includes very cold as well as nearly 100% air conditioner compressor running in very hot. Best was a bit over 40 mpg when I took it a little slower. Worst was 32.something when I was WOT on many of the entrance ramps.

So much depends upon driver inputs: my numbers could be meaningless to someone in city commutes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Like some, I track it within Excel.

Have had the EX 6 MT for about 18 mths.

Tracked ~ 23,000 miles.
Total MPG average is 34.4 mpg. That's probably about 30% City.. 70% Highway.

When I'm driving the 120 miles round trip to/from work in NH, all highway, I can get 40+ MPG. Great days are about 44 MPG (babying it like grandpa). But going 'normal' at about 65 MPH should get me about 40-41 mpg.

Driving in town still gets me about 28 MPG. I reset the Trip B recorder if I'm driving in town for few days straight (without going on highway). And I would say, knowing how to drive smart, the city driving should still get me about 28ish.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm getting 24-26 mixed driving in my Sport. I expected more but I do drive in a lot of traffic and I do have a lead foot most of the time not to mention the AC/Climate control on nonstop. Highest I ever got was 35 going downhill on a freeway (more like low 30's not counting the trip computer).

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
When I bought the car a year ago March, I set trip B to manual start. After 1year, it read 28.5 or so. I reset it again in March, at the first oil change, and since then, it has read about 29.5. Most driving is suburban 2 lane, with some highway mixed in. No city streets. I make no effort to increase MPGs.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
When I bought the car a year ago March, I set trip B to manual start. After 1year, it read 28.5 or so. I reset it again in March, at the first oil change, and since then, it has read about 29.5. Most driving is suburban 2 lane, with some highway mixed in. No city streets. I make no effort to increase MPGs.
Exactly! This is useful info as it reports real world MPG over an extended period. That's reality. Much more so than posts that report insanely high MPG but then you realize it was for a 15 mile stretch. Or even a 100 mile highway trip. Like "I got 38 MPG in my V6". Those numbers are meaningless. MPG for an entire tank is more useful. MPG for an entire year is very relevant.

My trip B is also set to manual and after 6,000 miles on my 6MT Sport, it's showing 31 MPG. I've had tanks as low as 27 and as high as 32.5. Yes, I've had highway trips that clocked in at 38, but again, that was only for the highway portion of the trip. By the time I filled the tank, it was down to 32.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I guess more important way to measure.. How many total miles did you guys drive before having to fill up close to empty? I remember my hah I got about 800 miles on a full tank, possibly 850 if I kept driving it without filling up! I remember I had 125 miles left to drive when I filled up. I do miss that car lol.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I guess more important way to measure.. How many total miles did you guys drive before having to fill up close to empty? I remember my hah I got about 800 miles on a full tank, possibly 850 if I kept driving it without filling up! I remember I had 125 miles left to drive when I filled up. I do miss that car lol.
Miles per tank are meaningless.

Op, I have a 2013 6MT i4. Lifetime mpg for the car is at 29.8 and the las ten fillups average 31.8. Best full tank was a 650 mile trip averaging 42.9 mpg. A realistic number on the freeway if you set the cruise control and use the Eco button is high 30s up to 40. As others have said, it all depends on how you drive. If I'm driving fast and don't care about gas, I'll get 33 on the highway. Cvt should be able to get similar efficiencies on the highway but the manual transmission is much more fun. I know you only asked for 14 and 15 accords but 2013 is still ninth gen, so I figured this applied. Best of luck.

One other thing to consider is that the people with money to spend on higher trims may not be as efficiency minded as those with less disposable income.

Edit: 28,000 miles on the car.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts