Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I recently purchased a used 2016 Honda Accord V6. I noticed that when it shifts between 3rd and 4th gear and RPM will jump up a few hundred RPM before shifting. I only notice this when applying very light pressure to the gas pedal (I was doing this to test how the gears shift), and it only seems to happen between the 3rd and 4th gears. Is this normal, and has anyone else noticed this with their 9th gen Accord? The car has very low mileage (less then 5,000 miles), so I know the transmission can't be worn out, but wanted to see if I needed to get the car serviced. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I took a video of the problem. It happens when it shifts between 3rd and 4th gear (about 9 seconds into the video). It also seems to only happen when the car is warmed up, not when it is started cold.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Even with the low mileage you may need to have TSB 17-017 or 17-018 performed on your car to smooth out the AT performance.
Have you had this TSB done? I think my car might be doing the same thing as well between 3rd and 4th gear. It seems to stay at a relatively high RPM (almost 2000) before it decides to shift to 4th, where the RPMs lower to about 1100-1200.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Even with the low mileage you may need to have TSB 17-017 or 17-018 performed on your car to smooth out the AT performance.
Thanks for your reply! I checked with the Honda dealership, and they said that they wouldn't update the A/T system software version without being able to see the judder problem that the TSB lists. I did take a video of the shifting problem though, it happens around 9 seconds in when it shifts between 3rd and 4th gear. It also seems to only happen when the car is warmed up, not when it is started cold. Does the shifting in the video look normal?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts