Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2006 Honda Accord (VP) 4 Cyl. High beam is on ALL time even when the engine is off.
My accord is all stock equipped.

When it first happened I had to unplug the battery to save it.
the following night I looked all over the fuses inside the cabin and under the hood and they look OK.

I checked the lever and it's looks OK :
-small light and head light/low beam turn on and off with no problems.
-high beam (blue) in dash indicator works ok in both high beam position (push) or flash(pull)
-when low beam is off and I pull the lever to flash I get the blue indicator and low beam works while the high beam is on constantly.
all that means to me that the problem is NOT from the control lever, it is somewhere in between

Now the high beam bulbs are unplugged till I can find a solution.

Any one knows what's going on?

·
2006 I4 MT
1,688 Posts
It should be in the same fuse box under the hood. The inside of the cover might have location for it or maybe in the owners manual.

·
Ballin' on a budget
424 Posts
Well since they stay on, it's probably not the fuses but either the relay, or the DRL module has a short inside and is allowing full voltage to the DRL circuit instead of a pulsed signal for reduced brightness.

Does the high beams always on seem like it could be the DRL lights at full brightness all the time?

·
2006 I4 MT
1,688 Posts
If the relay is similar to another one near, you can try to swap it out and see if the good relay fixes it. Or learn how to test a relay if you have the tools.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just fixed this exact problem in my 2003 Accord EX V6. All of the symptoms you mentioned apply. The circuit-board module (Omron G8C-402H Keyless Control 38830SDA-A210-M1, $55 including shipping online at Carry More in Winston-Salem, NC, USA) inside the ostensibly sealed portion of the main under-hood fuse box must be replaced. There's an excellent video on YouTube showing how to remove the main fuse box from under the hood and gain entry to the sealed portion of that fuse box (search for how to replace the ELD (Electronic Load Detector) on the 2003 Accord). (The exact same method is used to replace the $30 ELD inside the sealed portion of the fuse box, for those experiencing the headlight intermittent dimming/brightening phenomenon.) If you have any questions, contact me at [email protected].

1 - 7 of 7 Posts