Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
As shown in the video (Link below) I returned back and then switched the gear from R to D. Once I release my foot from brake pedal, this sound occurs. I took it to a Honda dealer and they did test drive and told me nothing wrong with it. I recorded this video to take it to honda too but I would love to hear your feedback.

Accord 2019 sport 1.5
9600 miles
Many thanks

·
Elvira
4,344 Posts
Does it always do that noise when you back out, shift to D, then release brake?
Or is there another scenario that produces that noise?
Lastly, what caused that lurch and does that happen everytime too?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It took it to the dealer and they did the same thing but no noise, told me mo problem in the car. The next day I recorded this video and as shown the noise is still, it happens most likely when the car is off for sometime like overnight.

·
Elvira
4,344 Posts
Is it damp in that parking garage?

Is this more prevalent after a rain or carwash?

Could be moisture on the rotors (and therefore surface rust on the rotors) making the brakes grab upon initial startup/drive-away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The noise is more noticeable when I parked the car in a covered parking lot. When I took it to the dealer, they found nothing despite the honda guy continuously shift the gear from P to R to D.
I’m not sure about the rain.
Is it dangerous for the car when this moisture in the rotor?

·
Elvira
4,344 Posts
Next time you park it overnight, before you drive away, look at the surface of the rotor for a light coating of rust.

It is fairly normal especially if it is damp, humid, post rain or wash for the rotors to get this surface rust.

Dangerous? No. Moisture is on the surface and gets worn off after a few applications of the brakes.

·
Elvira
4,344 Posts
yes through the wheel

·
Premium Member
3,547 Posts
The noise is more noticeable when I parked the car in a covered parking lot. When I took it to the dealer, they found nothing despite the honda guy continuously shift the gear from P to R to D.
I’m not sure about the rain.
Is it dangerous for the car when this moisture in the rotor?
Rotors..not just one, your car has four... it's not IN the rotor...it's ON the rotors..he's talking about surface rust that occurs and is normal.
Are you also setting the parking brake overnight? That can make the noise when you drive away, as it gets released (as long as your belt is on and door is closed)
What happens is the pad gets "stuck" and when the rotor starts turning it will release it, typically.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rust on rotors would cause noise while backing up and there was none. It sounds more like bushing creak which would occur when the suspension moved. While backing up there is forward force on the struts etc, shifting into drive and moving forward puts a rearward force on the suspension and most likely cause the bushing to move excessively causing the creaking sound.

The fun part will be trying to isolate which suspension component is at fault, could be strut, control arm etc.

At this stage the noise is just an annoyance, it would be a serious problem unless the bushing wears to the point it affect handling and by that time it faulty part will be easily identified.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.