Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

After sticking with the Sport 2015, the least I wanted to do is get the HFP drl's that Honda has for the ex-l and touring models. One of the local dealers quoted 1500$ to me. Is this a good deal or should I try to negotiate (which won't work on parts department I believe lol) or ask around to other dealers?

Regards,
A.

·
845 Form & Function Crew
165 Posts
Best bet is to make them by putting a led strip inside or buying them from the forums or eBay and installing them yourself. 1500$ is insanely expensive. Just make sure they're plug and play first

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
You can get the V6 headlights (halogen low beams/LED DRL) themselves for around $500/pair new on hondaautomotiveparts.com.

The hard part is the wiring. You can make your own wiring harness for like $50. There's a thread further down this section dedicated to wiring up the V6 headlights, so check it out to see what you're up against there.

If you can do the wiring yourself, you'll come out paying about $550 total.

Now, if you're talking about the Touring lights with LED low beams/LED DRL, then yeah, you're looking at close to $1500. The headlights themselves are that much.

Just noticed OP is in Canada. That could change things a bit :( I'm not sure if Majestic Honda ships to Canada or not, and if they don't, I'm not sure who does...

·
2.5th gear
306 Posts
i just bought the Ijdmtoy Strip lights 6000k. and it works fine. Its not as bright. but it lights up just like a others new car on the road. Its even better then what i would like. Since too bright isnt good for me.

But at night, or evening. Men this looks good. Lights up all the interior of the DRL. very nice !

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't want those other ones (I don't like it personally). Plus the car's under lease. The one's I am talking about will come $1500 and I can afford it:

I just feel like those will look insanely great on my Sport 2015 in Crystal Black Pearl :) That or the exLED:

I just don't know how the above looks like in actual daylight and night (preferrably if someone has done it and has a video that isn't up close...).

Thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate it, but I am not a tech savvy guy and have 0 clue on how to mod my car much less drive a manual lol.

·
EarthDreams
788 Posts
If the headlight assembly wasn't specifically designed for the LED DRLs, they'll appear dimmer than they should be. There is no way to simply add a functional LED DRL strip to headlights.

The whole point of the LED DRLs is to increase daytime visibility. The stylish look is just an added benefit. So if they don't increase visibility for you and other drivers, what's the point?

There are no 'HFP' lights either, I'm assuming you just meant 'touring.' The lights you posted a pic of are touring lights, and yes they're expensive, but they'll never be 'plug and play.' Also, the touring lights look pretty ugly (on a Black accord especially) because the entire assembly is chrome. There's already enough chrome on this beast, in my opinion. So if you're too lazy or unambitious to read through the wiring thread, just save your money and buy yourself the Kardashian box set on blu ray.

Those exLED headlights look like something from a 2005 Cobalt that a 16-year-old has riced out. They're equally as lame as the 'BMW' or 'Lexus' taillights people put in their Accords. I'll never understand that look. Are you trying to trick people into thinking you bought a Bimmer or a Lexus? Or are you just trying to trick people into thinking you somehow found a way to retrofit a taillight from a completely different make of car onto your Accord? Or do you just want all the people who actually own higher end cars to laugh at you when they see you? (This last one is what ACTUALLY happens)

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
In Canada the V6 has the same headlamps as the I4... our Touring comes with both sets of LEDs and the headlamps are $800 each + wiring harness.

I looked into getting the LED added aftermarket then I realized they would only be on with my headlamps... so I ended up upgrading from an EX-L to a Touring.. it was a $2800 difference but nicer wheels and also NAVI is included.

To have aftermarket LEDs light up instead of DRL you will need a new aftermarket Harness.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If the headlight assembly wasn't specifically designed for the LED DRLs, they'll appear dimmer than they should be. There is no way to simply add a functional LED DRL strip to headlights.

The whole point of the LED DRLs is to increase daytime visibility. The stylish look is just an added benefit. So if they don't increase visibility for you and other drivers, what's the point?
I don't really think the point to put the LED drl's is because I want to show off or have BMW owners laugh at me. I think they will even laugh at a Touring model just because it's Honda and not BMW.

I, personally, like the touring LED drl's and it looks really good on black. So, I am just wondering if it is possible to put them on the Sport or not.

In Canada the V6 has the same headlamps as the I4... our Touring comes with both sets of LEDs and the headlamps are $800 each + wiring harness.

I looked into getting the LED added aftermarket then I realized they would only be on with my headlamps... so I ended up upgrading from an EX-L to a Touring.. it was a $2800 difference but nicer wheels and also NAVI is included.
They have the same headlamps but no LED drl's. Also, I think EX-L has the option of having NAVI in it instead of just upgrading to Touring...?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts