Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the thread that started back in 2008, about a Honda Accord switchblade key. Where many people who bought the uncut honda accord switchblade key from some guy on ebay, but had a fail cut from dealer due to the weak cheap quality of the metal.

I just got my car and it only came with one master key with remote....I was thinking of buying this and having a dealer cut it..Anyone got some suggestions on whether to buy this and have the risk of being a failed key?

This is for my 06 Accord LX btw.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-ACCORD-SWITCHBLADE-REMOTE-KEY-03-07-OUCG8D-380H-A_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a15Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem29fe9e3c3fQQitemZ180365442111QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ShippingPayment

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Do not get it!!! I bought that one and also this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180347482737&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

This one is 100x better as far as quality and feel. It has almost a rubber feel to the case and it is in no way flimsy (it is black also not the gray it looks in that pic). Plus there are 5 screws on the back as opposed to I think 2 that the other has. The only drawback is that you have to remove your panic button, which is simple. You pop open the old key fob and the molded rubber buttons from the OEM key. Then you just "peel" the red panic button off and put it back together in the new flip key fob. It leaves no holes in the rubber or anything. Those hard buttons are almost glued to the clear rubber cap in the key. I hope this makes sense. I can post some pics of my key fob if you want. I also have a spare blank for these flip keys since Honda miscut my key. Let me know if anyone needs it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Actually the one I posted is incorrect. I think it needs to be from the previous generation TL.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do not get it!!! I bought that one and also this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180347482737&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

This one is 100x better as far as quality and feel. It has almost a rubber feel to the case and it is in no way flimsy (it is black also not the gray it looks in that pic). Plus there are 5 screws on the back as opposed to I think 2 that the other has. The only drawback is that you have to remove your panic button, which is simple. You pop open the old key fob and the molded rubber buttons from the OEM key. Then you just "peel" the red panic button off and put it back together in the new flip key fob. It leaves no holes in the rubber or anything. Those hard buttons are almost glued to the clear rubber cap in the key. I hope this makes sense. I can post some pics of my key fob if you want. I also have a spare blank for these flip keys since Honda miscut my key. Let me know if anyone needs it.
Can you please post your flipkeys, and possibly pictures of you changing it if possible, also if you have extra flip keys let me know, ..About the panic button, do i really have to lose it? :(

And you linked me the key for a CRV. Does this work on Accords 06 LX?

I also have a question, like I mentioned before I only have 1 Master KEY for my car...AFter I Get it cut, can I use my OLD (Master) Key, as a Valet or possibly as a spare key incase I lose my new key ( Flipkey)?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Can you please post your flipkeys, and possibly pictures of you changing it if possible, also if you have extra flip keys let me know, ..About the panic button, do i really have to lose it? :(

And you linked me the key for a CRV. Does this work on Accords 06 LX?

I also have a question, like I mentioned before I only have 1 Master KEY for my car...AFter I Get it cut, can I use my OLD (Master) Key, as a Valet or possibly as a spare key incase I lose my new key ( Flipkey)?
Here are some pics. THey only sell this one without the panic button, so yes for this one you have to remove it. Once you remove the control board and transponder from your old key, it can open doors, but wont start your car. I would buy another key from ebay and get it programmed just in case.

·
Go Bills!
266 Posts
Do it right the first time. No need to mess around with Ebay keys.

For your 06 Accord, you and I have the luxury to use 07 TL key (35111-SEP-306). It is fully compatible with your car. No need to mess around with the key. Simply order the key, bring it to the dealer to get it cut and programmed.

Based on my experience, it's better to go to Acura dealer to get it cut. It appears that they have a different machine from Honda dealer. Perhaps with laser cutting system.

Things to make sure before cutting and programming the key:
1. If you go to Acura dealer: tell them to SWITCH over to "HONDA" mode on their cutting machine!!!
2. Turn off the auto-seat feature in the TL key by pressing the LOCK and UNLOCK button at the same time for 2 seconds.

IF the Acura dealer fvcked up and incorrectly cut the TL key with "ACURA" mode, ask them to re-order they KEY ONLY part (35119-SEP-306) and move the remote to the new key only part.

·
Go Bills!
266 Posts
lol, that's true. I personally never pay attention to the Acura logo though. However, I understand that it may be different for other people.

·
Go Bills!
266 Posts
some people actually ripped it out and replace it with Honda emblem. But, honestly, I prefer the key the way it is.

Acura is technically subset of Honda anyway.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here are some pics. THey only sell this one without the panic button, so yes for this one you have to remove it. Once you remove the control board and transponder from your old key, it can open doors, but wont start your car. I would buy another key from ebay and get it programmed just in case.

What you mean by it won't start my car? which key won't start my car?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
called my local honda....28 bucks to get it cut rofl.

Do any of you guys know what I need to supply to the dealer to prove I own the car , before they cut they key

·
Go Bills!
266 Posts
that's not too bad.

$49 in my local Honda/Acura for cut and program (immobilizer and remote).

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was wondering, If i do somehow get my flip key case to work, and transfer all guts from old key case to my flip key one, ....can I get my old key case a transponder/remote/ programmed for use again at a dealer?

·
Go Bills!
266 Posts
that will probably the same as buying, cutting and program a new Honda key?

·
Registered
159 Posts
What you mean by it won't start my car? which key won't start my car?
To use these empty switchblade keys, you oull out the chip and buttons module from your old key and put them on the insdide of the switchblde. Then you are left with a still cut key (your old one) which has no buttons and no chip in it which means it wont start the car. It will unlock it though with the key itself.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts