Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Maxakor
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, this morning I was very disappointing when I came to honda dealer. I'm in Canada. MY rear brakes start crying and grinding so I called immediatly for an appointment. I bring with me a letter that Honda Canada post to every Canadian Accord Owners that says they have a problem with rear pads and they will change them for free. At the dealer , the man at the service look to my car sheet and didn't want to change my rear brakes...... I ask him why......................... BEcause I didn't pay for "B" service plan including oil level check, brakes check.... and I only use "A" for oil change in the past, Honda won't approve the repair. They said that it'S my responsibility to check the owner manuel and pay 199,99 + tx for B service plan at each 15 000 km. WT..... Very very bad, I need to pay for news pads, and badly,...... new rotors. Where can I buy a new rear brakes kit (rotors + Pads) , I'm in Canada and I red that a lot of you guys bought Duralast Cmax Gold pads" but is it only available in USA???... Need advices... thks a lot guys

·
Doc Mojo
1,499 Posts
that's totally crap, go to another dealership and have it changed. Just because you don't do service there doesn't mean Honda parts aren't defective. No where in that service letter nor service manual or even contract says you have to be in service standing at Honda to have all warranty work carried out.

If I were you, i'd get new pads (if you could drive to the states somehow) and install the pads yourself (very very easy). Afterwards, send the bill to Honda Canada and explain your situation at the dealership. Better get the guy's name that's being a jerk. I replaced my rears and installed it myself, Honda Canada paid the costs of the pads.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yea due im a tech for honda that's bullshit and should talked to a manger and get that service advisor fired just cause you never the 15k service is bullshit ..........

·
Maxakor
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thks a lot guys, it was at Valleyfield Honda, but however, I called Honda Canada, the phone number on the bottom of the service letter and the guy who I spoke with tell me that it'S my responsibility to do preventive maintenance to avoid this problem.... What the hell, I received a letter cause the PRODUCT has a defect, not my mainteance. By the way, I did 85% or more of the 60 000km on the highway. Who I can speak to if I had already called honda canada... Apparently, the rears brakes problem is an universal problem for all of us, not only me..

·
mobiless2
2,200 Posts
No wear does it state that a Honda dealership has to do maintenance. You can do maintenance anywhere. Find another dealership for repairs & purchase!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Maybe a local TV station's "consumer action line" would be interested in your story?

When it comes to product defects and product (warranty) support, there is far too much BS going on these days with Honda vehicles.

Honda's dealership network and Honda had better keep in mind that we consumers always have a choice.

·
In Reverse
662 Posts
HAHA im in Canada also. I went with the letter they told me I havent done B or any of the other $250 things. I told them ill sue them if they dont honor this letter. He had to go "speak" to the manager. 2 mins later he was back to honor the letter! Try that, it works lol

·
Maxakor
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi guys, i'm actually waiting for my car at the dealer... I spoke to the manager, argued with him and they are changing my pads.... Afterall, the guy who was very in a bad mood last morning just came to announce me that my disk are just to used, scaped cause of the rear pads so they are installing free rears pads and disks. Hahaha good advices = good result, Thks a lot guys, be patient and polite so you'ill receive what you're looking for polite and yo

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
Glad it worked out for you! ****s we have to work our way into getting what's owed to us from freaking dealerships.

·
Leased a VW_My life ****s
2,105 Posts
thks a lot guys, it was at Valleyfield Honda, but however, I called Honda Canada, the phone number on the bottom of the service letter and the guy who I spoke with tell me that it'S my responsibility to do preventive maintenance to avoid this problem.... What the hell, I received a letter cause the PRODUCT has a defect, not my mainteance. By the way, I did 85% or more of the 60 000km on the highway. Who I can speak to if I had already called honda canada... Apparently, the rears brakes problem is an universal problem for all of us, not only me..
Wait 1 second. Is that a type? Did you say that your car has 60,000km at the moment? If so, you do not qualify for the replacement what-so-ever if you are still on the original pads. I understand if your car had only 16,000km or maybe even 18,500km, but not 60,000km.

Congrats on the outcome, but how many kilometers are on your car really?

·
Maxakor
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you red the letter, you will find that the recall is available for 3 years after the years of purchase, not 60000km. thks guys!

·
Registered
178 Posts
hi guys, i'm actually waiting for my car at the dealer... I spoke to the manager, argued with him and they are changing my pads.... Afterall, the guy who was very in a bad mood last morning just came to announce me that my disk are just to used, scaped cause of the rear pads so they are installing free rears pads and disks. Hahaha good advices = good result, Thks a lot guys, be patient and polite so you'ill receive what you're looking for polite and yo
Good for you.

It's likely the dealer knew all the time that it was covered. They were just trying to get more money for the job. The dealer charges a customer more than Honda will reimburse.

The sad thing is a lot (most?) of customers believe the service advisor, and end up paying out of their pockets for a defect repair.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I would've given the service guy the third degree with a back hand across his face. Its a recall for everyone who owns this type of vehicle across canada. Why do they hire people who don't have a high school diplomas.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I would've given the service guy the third degree with a back hand across his face. Its a recall for everyone who owns this type of vehicle across canada. Why do they hire people who don't have a high school diplomas.
Seems to be a growing trend amongst all companies these days. It pisses me off beyond belief when I'm at a car dealer and I tell the salemen who approach me "If i have any questions or need anything I'll come get you" and they follow me like a convicted fellon walking down death row breathing down my neck.

·
sdasd
110 Posts
which Honda dealership did you goto I am in Mississagua Ontario....Honda is just passing the buck here to me, they are not assisting me with this at all i called and i bitched i will hire a lawyer and sue them but still they said i skipped my Type B service which is why they will not do it. i have a 2010 and only 32,000 kms on it my fronts are at 8mm and rears are at 2 mm how can i move forward from here?

·
Doc Mojo
1,499 Posts
Just go to a different dealership if they won't change out your pads. You should have the brake letter with you.

I changed out to aftermarket pads and sent the copy of the receipt for purchase to Honda headquarters and got it reimbursed. Just change them to aftermarkets and go that way

·
sdasd
110 Posts
Just go to a different dealership if they won't change out your pads. You should have the brake letter with you.

I changed out to aftermarket pads and sent the copy of the receipt for purchase to Honda headquarters and got it reimbursed. Just change them to aftermarkets and go that way
Thanks for the Input which brake letter are you referring to though? I never received a letter in the mail for anything about my brakes:dunno:

·
Registered
325 Posts
this may be a little off topic but whats the deal with these honda service reps and bad customer service...it seems as though this problem is happening @ dealerships around the country and now i hear canada is not living up to TSB letters that were sent out. do they not give a fck? are the service reps just plain old douchebags and need a kick in the balls? i have not been to an honest dealership in the immediate area except mechanicville honda which is 3 hours away from me.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts