Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When does the price of Honda care go up? Every time I attempt to email Haynnis back from their quotes I get POSTMASTER Error...

I received a quote 5 months ago with the same price for December, when do we expect the prices to go up?

Thanks

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
Email Bob Leab directly. Nice guy. [email protected]. Or just call the old fashion way.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
I need to research this limitation too. Does anyone recall whether you can still get the 7yr/80K option above 6000 miles? I don't need the super-long ones like 120K miles.

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
Highest I believe is 80k if you pass 6000 miles.

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
I would simply observe that they did not independently confirm my current mileage when I bought HondaCare about four months into my ownership. I was just about to go over 6,000 miles at the time. I took a picture of the odometer, just in case. I thought they would ask me to send a picture or go into a local dealership for verification, but no. You should always be truthful on your application, but I guess it is between you and your God. :) FYI.

Another member on this forum also said they did not verify his mileage.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Weird!!! I'm only at 5,100 miles ATM, but I really do feel Honda Care is needed on our 9th gens. There's so much that can and will go wrong. I know Honda has proven themselves over and over again... But in my case.... The car is falling apart with tons of weird quirks with a engine still running.

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
I ran a honda service dept for almost 10 years and I would say 80% of cars that had HondaCare never even used it. We buy honda because they are known for there reliability. If Honda has a known issue they will usually post a service bulletin and cover that part even outside of factory warranty. This is how honda has maintained its reputation. All mechanical parts on most Hondas typically don't start to fail until well after 100k miles, so it wouldn't be covered under Honda care either.
I will say that Honda care is great for the Odyssey though. It's loaded with so many bells and whistles that become problematic before 100k miles though. Also all the kiddies in the back seem to be rough on interior & electronics.... I can't tell you how many times we have replaced CD or DVD units in these because they are shorted out due to being loaded with coins on the inside lol.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know the engine and transmission are rock solid, but I have the EX-L with all the tech. I can't imagine how much it will cost to replace a camera, LCD screen, VCM unit.... Ect... For 600-700 I'll chuck that up as one repair and hope for the best.

I pay 780 per year on auto insurance, I hope to never use it because I'm a good driver.. But stuff happens.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I know the engine and transmission are rock solid, but I have the EX-L with all the tech. I can't imagine how much it will cost to replace a camera, LCD screen, VCM unit.... Ect... For 600-700 I'll chuck that up as one repair and hope for the best.

I pay 780 per year on auto insurance, I hope to never use it because I'm a good driver.. But stuff happens.
That's exactly why I got a warranty, too. I plan on keeping my car for at least 8-10 years or 120K miles and I'm happy to pay the $1,140 I did for the 8 year/120K mile plan that I bought. There is just soooooo much technology built into cars these days and none of it is cheap to fix or replace. :paranoid:

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts

That's exactly why I got a warranty, too. I plan on keeping my car for at least 8-10 years or 120K miles and I'm happy to pay the $1,140 I did for the 8 year/120K mile plan that I bought. There is just soooooo much technology built into cars these days and none of it is cheap to fix or replace. :paranoid:
Yes but the only thing is, the kind of tech we are talking about may not really be that prone to breaking. I mean an LCD screen is an LCD screen. Just like a TV....how many LCD TVs just start dying after 5 years of use, if they've already lived for 3 yrs. A "camera" is a pretty simple robust thing. It's like the camera in your cellphone. It is not a Digital SLR. VCM should be covered under the 5/60 engine warranty.

Again I'm not saying anyone is stoopid for buying the warranty, and I may indeed buy one myself.......but given many of the comments here I don't think it is a slam dunk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts