Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know this question has been posted before however when I read the whole discussion, it never exactly had drivers that sounded like me. I'm 16 and my grandmother has given me the blessed option of having a car. She says it has to be 4drs in the low 23k range and new(odd right? dont usually hear that). And me loving sports cars but not wanting to kill myself came in between the honda civic si and the honda accord sport in terms of price and i guess sportiness feel per say. I would generally be using my car for commuting but whenever I want to just floor it and hear a somewhat powerful engine and also to be somewhat fast. I know the accord is more roomier and more distinctive however I want to be comfortable yet thrilled. I know beggars can't be choosers but I just need a little advice because I've been stuck for a while

·
Reverse Gear
1,000 Posts
Now I know this question has been posted before however when I read the whole discussion, it never exactly had drivers that sounded like me. I'm 16 and my grandmother has given me the blessed option of having a car. She says it has to be 4drs in the low 23k range and new(odd right? dont usually hear that). And me loving sports cars but not wanting to kill myself came in between the honda civic si and the honda accord sport in terms of price and i guess sportiness feel per say. I would generally be using my car for commuting but whenever I want to just floor it and hear a somewhat powerful engine and also to be somewhat fast. I know the accord is more roomier and more distinctive however I want to be comfortable yet thrilled. I know beggars can't be choosers but I just need a little advice because I've been stuck for a while
Drive both and I think the decision will be very clear to you. Otherwise, if afterwards, you still are stuck - we're here for ya!

Some tips:
1. when I was 16, the dealerships didn't take me seriously - probably best to bring Grandma with you.
2. Don't necessarily choose the faster car, or the car you find better looking. When I was 16, I would have chosen a car based on how good the sound system was. Pay attention to the way they drive and whether or not you are comfortable driving each. I think they are vastly different cars, and that is why I expect you will prefer 1 of them over the other by a large margin.

·
2007 Accord Coupe EX I4
554 Posts
Who is paying for the insurance? Be mindful that buying a car isn't just going through the check out line and getting a receipt. There will be maintenance, taxes, insurance, gas (premium for Si), etc. that's awesome that your grandma is getting you a car!

Great advice above, too. Definitely pay attention to the ride quality. Things you don't like as soon as you get in the car will REALLY tick you off later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts