Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bigwil254
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was installing my new Mugen side skirts yesterday, my brother was watching over and one of my front passenger side lug nuts was missing. The only time someone recently touched those was the oil change and tire rotation I had done a few days to a week prior. My brother also inspected all my lug nuts on all my wheels. And they were not properly tightened. Dealer is closed today. What should I do? I am having them cut my rear bumper so I can install my rear mugen kit, should I ask for some compensation of some kind besides a free lug nut? I personally think that was a major safety mistake and could of potentially put my life in harms way.

What size lug nut do our 8th gens use? And can I buy just a single lug nut from autozone or o'rielys ?

·
I snapped my G string....
3,865 Posts
I would go back to the dealer and let them know what happened. They may give you one...

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I would ask them for a lug nut, you shouldn't be compensated for anything else.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Most Honda lug nut size are m12 x 1.5.

Many parts stores only sell lug nuts in sets of 4.

Just go to the dealer and explain what happened and they probably will give you a lug nut. (BTW: The dealer sells individual lug nuts unlike other parts stores.)

At some Honda Express Service centers, in the waiting area, you can see them work on the car through the glass windows.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Bigwil,
I would definitely have them replace the lug nut, especially since they'll see they just did the rotation. IMO pick up a decent torque wrench and do the rotations yourself if you can. I'm certainly not a mechanic, but it takes me about 30 mins. to do it and lube/check the suspension while I'm at it. Peace of mind is worth the time.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Bigwil,
IMO pick up a decent torque wrench and do the rotations yourself if you can. I'm certainly not a mechanic, but it takes me about 30 mins. to do it and lube/check the suspension while I'm at it. Peace of mind is worth the time.
Expect what you inspect, trust but verify, blah blah blah,... What's the point of getting the car to a dealership where they "have specialized on Hondas mechanics that know best"? Ah, forget it it's a rhetorical question. My car past 36k miles last week and I am looking for a decent independent mechanic.

Goodson Honda West Houston service department "forgot" to replace my engine filter, Gilman Honda Southwest Houston put the wrong engine oil rating in my car for its first oil change, and Honda Cars of Katy Houston didn't even bother doing the tire rotation even though they all charged for the stuff they were supposed to do...

BTW if you know of a decent Honda independent mechanic shop in Houston I am all ears...

·
Registered
607 Posts
From the Honda Owner's Link website:

"Honda Skilled Technicians
All Honda Service Professionals are required to pass a series of PROformance in-dealership training programs, training classes and more.

Through it all, Honda Service Professionals are accomplished and dedicated. These technicians, advisors, warranty administrators, cashiers, receptionists, dispatchers and service managers are committed to doing what they do."

Well said Honda, committed to overpriced subpar service!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

·
Bigwil254
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bigwil,
I would definitely have them replace the lug nut, especially since they'll see they just did the rotation. IMO pick up a decent torque wrench and do the rotations yourself if you can. I'm certainly not a mechanic, but it takes me about 30 mins. to do it and lube/check the suspension while I'm at it. Peace of mind is worth the time.
Trust me, I have the tools, patience, and the know how to do the rotation myself. They had a special for free Tire Rotation with Oil change. It was great they discounted the service but not great for discounting the quality of work.

Problem solved today. They were really cool about putting giving me a lugnut. They even had someone put it on for me although I took it home and redid that tires lugnut rotation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts