Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did this slip though the cracks for everyone else too? It seems to me like Honda is on the right track with this one- take a car that's already peppy, fun and efficient and make it a hybrid. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Wait, Honda is going to make a Fit Hybrid? Or were they thinking about it but cancelled the idea later for some reason?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Ah, thanks. I didn't know they were going to make one for Fit till I read the article you've provided.

"So, the optimistic wild guess for Fit Hybrid mileage would be high-40s, maybe even 50 mpg on the highway."

So high 40s-50 mpg. Nice! But I wonder what the specs will be for this car? The current Fit, while fun to drive and relatively great on fuel efficiency, is already somewhat slow.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure, but as long as it can beat the CR-Z's lethargic 9.7s or the insight's 10s 0-60 time, it will be an improvement.

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
Still too small. What's wrong with the Civic Hybrid? It looks like a normal car, and can actually house humans in the back seat. Maybe that's the problem.

Hybrid buyers generally have a bit more money. They are probably older. They probably got a family. They need a bit more room than the Fit/Insight.

They want to spend that extra hybrid premium on a car, not a toy.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still too small. What's wrong with the Civic Hybrid? It looks like a normal car, and can actually house humans in the back seat. Maybe that's the problem.

Hybrid buyers generally have a bit more money. They are probably older. They probably got a family. They need a bit more room than the Fit/Insight.

They want to spend that extra hybrid premium on a car, not a toy.
IMO, four adults could fit inside the Fit much easier than the Civic. The fit has two more inches of headroom in the back, and only has a difference of 1" in shoulder room. As long as they don't get rid of the Fit's nooks and crannies for the hybrid version it can haul more than both the Civic and the Insight.

Sure, you probably turned your nose up at it because it *looks* small, but if you actually sit inside it and have someone show you all of the seating arrangements it's a very practical car for everyday use.

Lets not forget that when the Prius first became popular, it was because it was dubbed as "Geek Chic." It wasn't just a car with your standard gauges, it had all sorts of fancy gizmos and screens that set it apart from Honda's boring little Insight.

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
IMO, four adults could fit inside the Fit much easier than the Civic. The fit has two more inches of headroom in the back, and only has a difference of 1" in shoulder room. As long as they don't get rid of the Fit's nooks and crannies for the hybrid version it can haul more than both the Civic and the Insight.

Sure, you probably turned your nose up at it because it *looks* small, but if you actually sit inside it and have someone show you all of the seating arrangements it's a very practical car for everyday use.
I have. On the back seats.

Civic - ok, tight like any other small car. (brother-in-law own one)
Fit - No leg room.
Insight - Head had to be chopped off to fit in the back.

I don't know the measurements. I do my own test by getting in and out of the car. Fit/Insight don't work well for me.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do my own test by getting in and out of the car. Fit/Insight don't work well for me.
Very intuitive, I do that test as well! :naughty: Personally, I sat in the fit and was suprised at how roomy on the inside it was compared to the outside, but to each their own. The only reason I'm not driving the fit right now is because it just didn't seem like a very masculine car.

Honda readily lists specs if you're interested:

http://automobiles.honda.com/civic-sedan/specifications.aspx?group=dimensions

http://automobiles.honda.com/fit/specifications.aspx?group=interior

http://automobiles.honda.com/insight-hybrid/specifications.aspx?group=interior

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I think a Fit hybrid is much more appealing than the Insight, CR-Z, and Civic hybrid. I like the Fit, it's a cool little car with a lot more room inside than it looks like it should have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts