Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
HK Moderator
14,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No word on if Acura will recreate their exceptionally weird-looking version of the Crosstour, which they called the ZDX and sold I think one or two.

For the record, I liked the Crosstour a lot. Used, they were selling for peanuts because no one ever entered "Crosstour" in a Craigslist search engine. Sales of the Crosstour/Venza were very bad, so they were killed off a few years back.

·
^^vv<><>BA
12,413 Posts
Seriously, Rick? How did you let them trick you?

Honda is not bringing back the Crosstour.

Don't believe everything you read, especially from crap websites with poor grammar and that cite no source.

They write:

January 13, 2020

The Japanese company will take another shot with the Crosstour crossover/wagon. As most of our readers probably remember, the first generation of this model was discharged back in 2015, due to disappointing sales. Since then, the automaker doesn’t have the real answer in this segment. But, now, with the announcement of 2021 Honda Crosstour, things might change.

After just a couple of years of rough times, the company will bring back to life the familiar model. The upcoming Crosstour will show a completely new design, and with the fixed issues from the previous version, this mid-size wagon is ready to shine and to compete once again. The release date is scheduled for the third quarter of 2020.

Though we might think that the return of the 2021 Honda Crosstour will completely change the vehicle, actually it won’t go too far from the origin. The design will suffer some changes, especially the body and dimension-wise. The Crosstour will still have the same class-competitor, the famous Subaru Outback. Also, Toyota will revamp the Venza model so that the segment will have quite fierce competitors. As for the forthcoming Crosstour, once again, it will be heavily based on the Accord sedan. These two siblings will share many things in common, including most of the mechanics.
What announcement? Honda hasn't made any announcement. No one has brought up the Crosstour except for the website you link to.

"the first generation of this model was discharged back in 2015" Discharged?

"Since then, the automaker doesn’t have the real answer in this segment."

"the company will bring back to life the familiar model."

How can you trust anyone with such bad grammar?

Why would Honda bring back the Crosstour? It sold worse than the Accord coupe and Honda "discharged" it from the 10th gen.

·
^^vv<><>BA
12,413 Posts
And FYI. That's the Honda Concept D that was revealed back in 2015 and was for China market.

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
The 5 seater "sportier" mid sized SUV is on the rise. They're catering to the those that don't have to cram strollers in the back...Jeep Grand Cherokees are still selling, even with the Hemi in them. So people are now spending that kind of money.
Think Grand Cherokee, Chevy Trailblazer, VW CrossSport, Audi Q8, blah, blah...
Even with COVID still running amok.

·
HK Moderator
14,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I apologize.

A cousin sent me a text with a link to Scotty Kilmer' YouTube video saying the Crosstour was coming back. Now that I read the sites (on a laptop, not my iPhone) I am embarrassed that I created this thread, and stand ridiculed.

·
Registered
730 Posts
We should take to YouTube and ridicule Scotty Kilmer. I saw that video earlier today and did some searching trying to find more information. Luckily for you @RickBlaine you posted here before I got a chance :D All I saw were the same sketchy articles and no mentions from any legit sources, except Edmunds where the preview text in the Google results said I could find 7 used 2021 Crosstours for sale in my area!

I'd love for them to bring it back. But until we find out from a legit source, I'd say we've all been had.

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
94 Posts
I wouldn't mind a 10th Accord wagon at all. I carry a lot of stuff on daily basis and have been missing the cargo capacity of my 03 Pilot...

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Honda has the Passport to fill this space. Toyota filled it with the Venza. When I bought my Accord I was actually at the dealer to see a Crosstour as first choice. I was given a price on both. In the end, the Accord was just too gorgeous but the CT would have been better all around for sure.

·
Registered
730 Posts
My first Accord was a brand new 1989 Honda Accord LXi hatchback. It was a great car. Sporty, 2 door with the hatchback. Could haul just about anything I needed. Yet a nice smallish car at the same time. Unfortunately it was the last year they made a hatchback. I'd love a wagon or hatchback Accord.

·
^^vv<><>BA
12,413 Posts
We should take to YouTube and ridicule Scotty Kilmer. I saw that video earlier today and did some searching trying to find more information. Luckily for you @RickBlaine you posted here before I got a chance :D All I saw were the same sketchy articles and no mentions from any legit sources, except Edmunds where the preview text in the Google results said I could find 7 used 2021 Crosstours for sale in my area!

I'd love for them to bring it back. But until we find out from a legit source, I'd say we've all been had.
11 days later Kilmer put out a clickbait video titled "Here’s Why Honda is Bringing Back the Element (And I Got One)"

This guy... :rolleyes:

·
2010 2.4EX
113 Posts
11 days later Kilmer put out a clickbait video titled "Here’s Why
Honda is Bringing Back the Element (And I Got One)"

This guy... :rolleyes:
C'mon guys... Scottso Isn't a complete buffoon!

He did have some good advice on avoiding ripoff schemes at repair shops, plus it turns out we agree on the issue of 'low profile' tires: Not necessary unless you're dragging or turning laps. More expensive per corner than a set of higher profile OEM tires, etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts