Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
STUNNIN
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have a quick question, is it me or is it the oem Honda rearview camera is very dim? Because Everytime I back off my driveway, I couldn't see crap on the navi screen.. Are there any ways to adjust the brightness or contrast of the camera? I try turning the odo knob full bar but it's still doesnt help much.. I sat in my friend camry and my brother venza and theirs camera are crystal clear(especially in my sister lexus rx350).. Anyone who has experiencing the same problem, please chime in and tell me what's the solution far it beside turning my head around and look before backing up.. Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
210 Posts
I haven't had any problems with mine, my only complaint would be that I wear polarized sunglasses when driving and the plastic that covers the nav screen doesn't work well with that.

In comparison to my wife's Altima, which also has a backup camera, the Honda is actually a better,sharper image than hers.

As for adjusting the contrast, I don't think you can really do that or if you can, I don't know of a way it can be done.

·
Super Moderator
3,434 Posts
Would adjusting the screen contrast affect the back up camera view? The settings can be accessed via the NAVI menus.

Also, I always noticed on colder mornings, the LCD screen in my Hondas seemed to need a few minutes warm up and reach maximum brightness. Are you noticing the dim screen when you get in the car after it's been siiting for a few hours? Or is it all the time?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi everyone, I have a quick question, is it me or is it the oem Honda rearview camera is very dim? Because Everytime I back off my driveway, I couldn't see crap on the navi screen.. Are there any ways to adjust the brightness or contrast of the camera? I try turning the odo knob full bar but it's still doesnt help much.. I sat in my friend camry and my brother venza and theirs camera are crystal clear(especially in my sister lexus rx350).. Anyone who has experiencing the same problem, please chime in and tell me what's the solution far it beside turning my head around and look before backing up.. Thanks in advance..
The rim around the selector knob that controls the zoom function in the navigation mode also controls the brightness of the screen in the Rearview Camera mode. Start the car, shift it to reverse so that the camera screen is displayed and then turn the rim around the knob clockwise for increasing the brightness of the display. Hope this will help.

·
STUNNIN
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would adjusting the screen contrast affect the back up camera view? The settings can be accessed via the NAVI menus.

Also, I always noticed on colder mornings, the LCD screen in my Hondas seemed to need a few minutes warm up and reach maximum brightness. Are you noticing the dim screen when you get in the car after it's been siiting for a few hours? Or is it all the time?
I trY messing with the navi menu setup to see if it help. But turns out it didn't do much at all.. It's seem like it happen everytime I backup .. Buts it's a little better in the shade and at night..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts