Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Accord EX 03 Sedan, which I bought used had a 3rd party alarm, the previous owner gave me 2 keys with aftermarket remotes which were apparently replacements, since none had the factory key fob. I ordered 2 on the net and had them cut and programmed and they work excellent.

The Honda system as I have seen only offers an audible alarm if the car is opened once the system is armed, some thieves only break the window and take what they need. I know that no alarm can protect me from getting my window broken but perhaps if the alarm goes off sooner, my stereo will be thankful. I'm not really interested in shock sensors, as the false alarms drive me nuts and lead to "tuning out" the alarm.

I noticed that the Honda Security System available for LX models includes a glass break microphone. This part does not appear for EX models, is it possible to use this attachment on the EX as well?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, that is amazing... perhaps they standby and record the transmitter unique code for a later break in. Notice how they seem to walk past some cars too so perhaps it might be a random frequency generator that might work if a car with that combination is in range...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts