Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Short Shifter Available For 6MT Yet?

New 2.0 sport 6MT owner here,is there any short shifter available for the 6 MT yet?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cannot post a link yet, but u can find it at hondapartsnow, and it look different than the type r.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Can you guys post a link to the shifter assembly?? I searched for an hour on there and couldn't find it.

Looks like the gear selector rod (on top of the trans) is significantly different, the CTR has a much much larger counterweight than the Accord. That would make the shifter feel much 'heavier'.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So I just picked up my car last night and would be very interested in finding out how to shorten the throw of the shifter and tighten it up a bit?

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Shift knob/boot question

Hey everyone. Just joined the forum...I'm looking into getting a new shift knob from billetworkz. My only concern is finding a way to keep the shift boot up neatly on the new knob. Our stock knobs have a plastic retaining piece on the inside that keeps the boot in place and not sagging down. Has anyone swapped their factory 6spd knobs out? Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If be interested in this topic as well...ive also been searching for a sportier feeling clutch where you can actually feel resistance on the clutch pedal and feel the engagment....i have a 1998 BMW M3 as my weekend warrior and the clutch/shifter is soooooo different. Has anyone switched out their clutches yet? If so what company clutch and review?

·
3rd honda, first obdII
28 Posts
ive got an email from exedy stating that their R&D is looking into the accord 2.0 but when i asked for a timeline they never responded so hopefully we see something soon.

otherwise all we have seen so far is the hybridracing shifter bushing swap and its been reported that the shift feel, tho not shorter, is a lot more comfortable and confident, like it engages gears better.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Which shifter knob is the best? Accord (black leather with glossy black top), Si (red stitched black leather with metal top), or CTR (aluminum ball with red etching details)? Then there is that aluminum Honda / Acura bat shifter knob style as well. If I wanted to order in the CTR or Si knob, how would I detatch and reattach the shifter boot? Would they fit?

Attachments

·
Sealed with ceramic coat
142 Posts
I like the original shifter because the style goes with the interior of the Accord. The Civic Si shifter also looks good and ties together nicely with metal accent foot pedals.

Aftermarket shifters might help you row the gears more efficiently, if that is a priority.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I’ve been looking at shift knob replacement options for my 2018 Accord 2.0T Sport 6-Speed. On the top of my list is the Skunk2 JDM style one as that’s more weighted like what I think I want. I’m not the biggest fan of the dark coating, I’ll have to see it in person to make sure. And the mounting of it might make the knob height too high. I’m not sure, but I think the 2018 Accord shifter area sits higher up than the 2018 Civic shifter area. Seems better positioned for a ball style, but I do like the idea of a tear-bat knob I can palm and grip. Assuming non of those are dealbreakers, the Skunk2 shift knob seams to be the best option overall. For Si cars, some are mounting the Skunk2 shift knob with just the 2018 CTR flange nut and the Si boot directly mates to that CTR flange nut / Skunk2 shift knob setup. Although, I am unsure if the Accord will also work with that setup. So I took a picture of the book mounting clip detached. Is this the same boot connection as the 2018 Civic Si and Type R? Also I found this shift boot collar adapter from Acuity:

https://acuityinstruments.com/products/shift-boot-collar-upgrade-turned-stainless-finish

I found the price of the CTR flange nut about $70 at the dealer and heard it’s half that online. The CTR aluminum ball shift knob is $120, again less online for about $100. And I investigated S2000 Titianum tear-bat style and the Acura NSX Titianum ball. Both weigh more than the CTR aluminum ball but still about half as much as the Skunk2. What weight class do I want to be in? I don’t know. And I will be upgrading bushings, apparently CTR aftermarket shift bushings will fit, any good brands I should look into?

More so my questions center around boot to nut to knob seemlessness and what will be compatible. Any info will help, thanks in advance.

edit: sorry I forgot I made another thread half addressing this stuff, I could have combined it, but I plain forgot about that thread to be honest.

Edit 2: the Accord shift boot collar does look different than the Civic collar, I’ll have to buy the Acuity Collar.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 51 Posts