Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody using Shin-Etsu Grease, if so where and is it any good?

·
Registered
841 Posts
Anybody using Shin-Etsu Grease, if so where and is it any good?
Yes. its very expensive but i use it all the time. Its great for weather stripping and other rubber components. It seems to soak into rubber and keep in like new. those doors that "stick" during hot summer days are a sign that you need some. Especially Odyssey sliding doors, which i know isnt the information your looking for, but hey, you asked.

Reactions: teezythakidd

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the response, I understand it helps silence the car due to better sealing in addition to freeing hard to crank windows in older cars. Not that expensive when you consider the size of the tube (5oz) I paid $18 on Amazon

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw some reference to it being a Dielectric Grease, would it be good for battery terminals?

·
Elvira - the car
3,532 Posts
Old thread alert :
REVIEW of this stuff

Used this the other day on the seal around the doors and all the small door bumpers. The bumpers were "squeaking" rubbing on the plastic paint protector, but after the lube application doors are quiet. It may have helped by re aligning the bumpers as needed so the doors close completely without udue tension.

Also did the moonroof seals and whether or not it's supposed to be used on the tracks I put it there too. The motor for the moonroof "seems" to run quieter and smoother. May be just wishful thinking but I will keep an eye (or ear) on it.

As of today (4 days later) doors are not noisy so it sounds like it worked as designed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts