Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Honda is well aware that it has a strong following of enthusiasts who love to modify their cars and with the launch of the 9th generation Civic expected later this year, the Japanese automaker is catering to its fan base, displaying a few tuner cars at the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto.

Flanking the new Civic Si Concept and Civic Sedan Concept are what Honda is calling the REMIX CR-Z and REMIX Accord Coupe, built in association with Performance Auto & Sound Magazine (PASMAG).

As expected with PASMAG, both cars have big audio systems, but otherwise the builds are surprisingly clean, both using matte white and matte black paint, with tame aero kits, suspension drops and some nice Enkei wheels. For all the details, hit the jump for the press release, and check out the galleries below.

More: Honda Showcases Tuning Potential With REMIX CR-Z and Accord Tuner Cars [CIAS 2011] on AutoGuide.com

·
I love vtec!
316 Posts
They really should only black out the roof and mirrors. Also the wheels should be Bronze or Golden colour for best matching with white!! I will show them how it should be done when I get the cash! haha

·
sdasd
110 Posts
Just got back from the autoshow in toronto canada the car looks very very nice in person it is matte white and looks very nice. The people who worked on it didnt really open the doors. I did speak to the guys askd them questions about
Mods will be visiting them soon as there shop is 20 minutes away. I am hoping they sponsor my car for more info goo www.iactech.com. This car was more of like a visual look not many engine mods

·
Registered
75 Posts
love the lip kit. What front lip is that though? it ain't HFP...actually it isn't even really a lip...lol more like 2 slabs...still looks good though

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
I bet Paul Walker and Vin Diesel want them for their next movie.

:thumbsdow

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
I bet Paul Walker and Vin Diesel want them for their next movie.

:thumbsdow
Honda is in the business of selling cars, is there anything wrong when they explore and extend to various potential market segments in order to increase their business performance? :paranoid: :dunno:

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
Honda is in the business of selling cars, is there anything wrong when they explore and extend to various potential market segments in order to increase their business performance? :paranoid: :dunno:
I am sorry.

I thought we were allowed to post our opinions on what Honda or any other car company was producing.
Others do it here all the time.
I will try to only post Butterflies and bunny's opinions.

Again, I am sorry for having an opinion.

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
I am sorry.

I thought we were allowed to post our opinions on what Honda or any other car company was producing.

I will try to only post Butterflies and bunny's opinions.

Again, I am sorry for having an opinion.
All I did was asking a question...........

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
All I did was asking a question...........
Sure sounded like it was directed at me and you are defending the coorporate owner of this site. :dunno:
(quoting my post)
All I gave was a response.

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Sure sounded like it was directed at me and you are defending the coorporate owner of this site. :dunno:
(quoting my post)
All I gave was a response.
And all we both did were having our own opinions, as you rightly stated we should be allowed to.

BTW, I am curious where did the "defending coorporate owner of this site" comment come from? The thread was a news item that different people in this thread have expressed our opinions on, unless I missed something.

The Fast & Furious look is not my cup of tea, but I also appreciate Honda needs to explore their markets and don't have any issues with that.

This is NOT a conspiracy.

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
And all we both did were having our own opinions, as you rightly stated we should be allowed to.

BTW, I am curious where did the "defending coorporate owner of this site" comment come from? The thread was a news item that different people on this thread have expressed our opinions on, unless I missed something.

The Fast & Furious look is not my cup of tea, but I also appreciate Honda needs to explore their markets and have no issues with that.

This is NOT a conspiracy.
Honda better do something.

Yanking the Ridgeline, Element and S2000 was a bad move, especially with nothing to replace them.

It seems they want to become the complacent boreing company.

It really is sad to see. My first Honda was purchased brand new 30 years ago. I do not feel the same way about them now, as I did then. You got a great, dependable, mostly well built car for a great value.

Not anymore.

·
Registered
325 Posts
the lip kit for the 2011 accord coupe is growing on me so hard!!!!! just the whole 8th gen accord coupe in general but i still think its a little too big. love it in that white color but id personally get a SMR or pmm

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Honda better do something.

Yanking the Ridgeline, Element and S2000 was a bad move, especially with nothing to replace them.

It seems they want to become the complacent boreing company.

It really is sad to see. My first Honda was purchased brand new 30 years ago. I do not feel the same way about them now, as I did then. You got a great, dependable, mostly well built car for a great value.

Not anymore.
You can probably thank the corporate bean counters for removing certain models as well as pulling out of F1 racing, time will tell it these cost conservation measures are the right decisions.

My first new Honda was an 1984 CRX, then 1990 Integra GS, both purchased new, the next two cars are 1996 Integra GSR and the current Accord Coupe, both purchased pre-owned.

While the CRX was an acceptable and fun commuter, it suffered rust issues, broken rear torison suspension tube, the CVCC carb was impossible to fix once it starts to misbehave, fuel pump needed to be replaced under a recall, amongest other minor issues.

The Intengra GS was better, but it also had issues, the DRL relay reliably fails every three years because of inadequte soldering pad size in one spot allowing the solder to gradually overheat over time and eventually sufficient amount of solder migarates away from the pad for the join to fail, re-flowing the solder fixed it for another 3 years before it failed (reliably) again, the DRL was the fog lights which burn out on a regular basis but no other issues otherwise.

The Integra GSR was better again and a really fun car to drive, the engine was bullet proof, what went wrong on the GSR were the ABS accumulator starting a small leak which will leak down overnight, so the pump had to pressurize the accumulator again the next morning, and a hairline fracture on the exhause manifold, a rare case in the Integra but apparently more often on the Civics of that era, the input shaft bearing in the transmission had to be replaced as well, that was expensive.

My Accord has been the most reliable Honda product I've bought in 27 years, the only items that have gone wrong in the last 5 years are a windshield washer pump, tiny spot peeling of wind trim cover film, and a slightly sticky rear-view mirror adjusting mechanism during winter time, KUDOs to their continued engineering development in making such a reliable car that (3rd gear pop-out aside) I just can't find anything wrong to complain a month ago when my car was coming up to the end of the 5-year power train warranty, the styling of the 7th Gen Coupe is also the best of all the cars I've owned.

The point is, at least in IMHO, Honda (as well as other marques) continues to evolve, product quality seem to have suffered slightly with the 8th Gen Accord with the fast wearing rear brakes and rattles, hopefully these are being rectified for the next iteration, current styling is not exactly my cup of tea but the cars are still selling so it just means I don't share the styling cues of others, that's perfectly fine, but I do hope my current 7th Gen lasts a lot longer until there is something in the Honda/Acura line up that I can warm up to when I do have to get a new(er) car in the future.

·
port & polish everything
1,699 Posts
My Accord has been the most reliable Honda product I've bought in 27 years, the only items that have gone wrong in the last 5 years are a windshield washer pump, tiny spot peeling of wind trim cover film, and a slightly sticky rear-view mirror adjusting mechanism during winter time, KUDOs to their continued engineering development in making such a reliable car that (3rd gear pop-out aside) I just can't find anything wrong to complain a month ago when my car was coming up to the end of the 5-year power train warranty, the styling of the 7th Gen Coupe is also the best of all the cars I've owned.

The point is, at least in IMHO, Honda (as well as other marques) continues to evolve, product quality seem to have suffered slightly with the 8th Gen Accord with the fast wearing rear brakes and rattles, hopefully these are being rectified for the next iteration, current styling is not exactly my cup of tea but the cars are still selling so it just means I don't share the styling cues of others, that's perfectly fine, but I do hope my current 7th Gen lasts a lot longer until there is something in the Honda/Acura line up that I can warm up to when I do have to get a new(er) car in the future.
I had two 7th gens and an 8th, imo the quality is about a wash.

The 7th gen had crappy brakes too, i got shuddering on both my 7Gs, but it was easily fixed with aftermarket pads.
Both my 7Gs had the same driver side window rattle haha

my 8th has been ok so far.

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
The 7th gen had crappy brakes too, i got shuddering on both my 7Gs, but it was easily fixed with aftermarket pads.
Both my 7Gs had the same driver side window rattle haha
All the Honda I've ever had suffer from the brake shudder, one interesting part was last fall when I decided to put off getting the shuddering front rotors surfaced as I've done over the years, what I've noticed 3 months later is that the brakes don't shudder anywhere as badly as last fall, even though I have done nothing! I'll keep an eye on this strange behaviour.

As for the window rattle, I put silicone grease inside the rubber window seal and also on the surface it makes contact with the sheet metal of the car, the rattling has disappeared to the point I almost forgotten they were quite annoying before I applied the silicone grease.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts