Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Crystal Black Pearle Accord Touring
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Accord Touring with a tire/whell noise. This tire/wheel noise was found by honda to be my tire makes a noise as it moves across the rim. The unofficial 'fix' from honda is to spary silicone spary around where the tire meets the rim! Spraying this around the rim leaves a film all over my rim.The ingredients of the honda spray is a number of propane and butane's along with solvent naphtha (petroleum). I have googled search removal of solvent naphtha and see all relate to paint removal (i want to safely remove this silicone spray). What is the best way to safely remove honda silicone spray?

·
HK Moderator
13,923 Posts
post #10 of your existing ongoing thread about noises
member @TN9thSi questioned which tires you had

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,274 Posts
Dawn and water will cut silicone spray.

·
Registered
2017 Crystal Black Pearle Accord Touring
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@RickBlaine mods have that thread so jacked up and the noise was a metal on metal sound. Not only me but all those trips for months to my Honda shop and they were looking at the brake area and NOT the tire/rim. So, when i read that, i didn't think much of it. I also found out that the Touring trims come with wheel resonators and wonder if thats damaged and could be the cause of the noise. When reading up on the wheel resonators, it looks like they kill all wheel noises produced in the 200khz area but, again not sure if that noise is in that frequency. I digress...
So @TN9thSi, have you found out any more info as far as if it's the tire rim combo and can be fixed with different brand of tires or different rims or maybe something else? I like my 19's and want to keep that size. I'm looking at getting michelin sport pilot 240/35 19.
@DARKART then i must not be the silicone spray becuase dawn was 1 of the first things i tried.I can scrape it off with a credit card but that scratches my rim. It's the same rim that produces the noise so i assumed it was the silicone spray. I may try some chemical guys V38 and see what that does

1 - 4 of 4 Posts