Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I tried searching this through the forum but is it possible to install the XM/Dual Zone radio into an LX and with the purchase of the XM antenna, still use the steering wheel audio controls or is the only option an aftermarket radio ?

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
All,

I tried searching this through the forum but is it possible to install the XM/Dual Zone radio into an LX and with the purchase of the XM antenna, still use the steering wheel audio controls or is the only option an aftermarket radio ?
With enough money and time you can do anything. The radio connections for the LX and EX models are NOT directly interchangeable. There is a member who did it, but wasn't a job for the unitiated. suggest you just use an XM adapter for that. The LX is a analog heater control, the EX digital.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm attempting to do the same thing with the radio, not necessarily the climate control. I'm fine with the HVAC controls, I just want XM. I'm researching and trying to see. It is looking more like an aftermarket unit for me... but will still add the OEM XM antenna...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts