Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we talked about this before , but I want to share the experience I had today. I have a 2014 Accord sport manual, just turned 6k miles. This is the 3rd time Ive had it in for excessive front end vibrations. The service manager and I went on test drives in 2 2015 Accord sports, less than 20 miles on both---- but with CVT , had no manuals. Both new cars had more front end vibrations than my 2014. He said my car has less vibrations than most Accords. He further said , I have replaced , struts, tires and wheels on new accords with little improvement. Its our main complaint. So thats it , I could do lemon law , but here in Florida , the law reads , new replacement, which I just drove and its no better. That's it. I could do aftermarket , but that voids warranty. Thanks

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
I know we talked about this before , but I want to share the experience I had today. I have a 2014 Accord sport manual, just turned 6k miles. This is the 3rd time Ive had it in for excessive front end vibrations. The service manager and I went on test drives in 2 2015 Accord sports, less than 20 miles on both---- but with CVT , had no manuals. Both new cars had more front end vibrations than my 2014. He said my car has less vibrations than most Accords. He further said , I have replaced , struts, tires and wheels on new accords with little improvement. Its our main complaint. So thats it , I could do lemon law , but here in Florida , the law reads , new replacement, which I just drove and its no better. That's it. I could do aftermarket , but that voids warranty. Thanks
Change your tires to Michelin Primacy I bet it will drive MUCH better.

·
mobiless2
2,200 Posts
When are you feeling the vibration? While driving and at what speed?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, here it is

When are you feeling the vibration? While driving and at what speed?
Its over 40MPH and random , it comes and goes --- second dealer service was force balance . Remember !! I drove 2 brand new cars ( Accord Sports ,already prepped, and the vibration was worst than mine. Less than 20 miles on each car, these were 2015 models. It wasnt a set up trying to cheat me. Im going to have to think about it , great disappointment , Maybe Ill talk to the dealership owner and Honda, or sell the car---need some time. Thanks

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Its over 40MPH and random , it comes and goes --- second dealer service was force balance . Remember !! I drove 2 brand new cars ( Accord Sports ,already prepped, and the vibration was worst than mine. Less than 20 miles on each car, these were 2015 models. It wasnt a set up trying to cheat me. Im going to have to think about it , great disappointment , Maybe Ill talk to the dealership owner and Honda, or sell the car---need some time. Thanks
Before selling the car I would ask the dealer to throw on a set of 17s from a LX to try... ideally a V6 with Michelin Primacy which are more comfort than sport oriented.

·
mobiless2
2,200 Posts
Is the vehicle driven daily? Or does it happen after sitting a few days? Can it be flat spots on tires causing issue? Does not make any sense it's a random problem.

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Take the front wheels off. Replace the wheels and install the lug nuts finger tight then torqueing the lug nuts to 25 while going in a proper star pattern. Then torque them to 65 again going in the proper star pattern. Then torque them again to the full torque recommended for the wheels again using the star pattern. Go over them again in the star pattern at the max torque. Sounds like a lot of lug nut tightening but you'd be surprised how often this works with alloy wheels, especially hub centric alloy wheels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts