Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I wanted to replace the front and rear Honda logos with an Acura emblem, would that be possible? Possibly even the steering wheel.

Has this been done? I couldn't find anything doing a search.

The hardest one would be getting the Acura emblem in the grill. Would probably have to do some modification. I haven't looked up dimensions on the logos yet.

I feel like the Acura emblems on the 7.5 gen coupe would look sweet.

Sent from my HTC One.

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
His car, his ride.

So anyone done it? Any knowledge to impart?

·
You're easy money.
406 Posts
If I wanted to replace the front and rear Honda logos with an Acura emblem, would that be possible? Possibly even the steering wheel.

Has this been done? I couldn't find anything doing a search.

The hardest one would be getting the Acura emblem in the grill. Would probably have to do some modification. I haven't looked up dimensions on the logos yet.

I feel like the Acura emblems on the 7.5 gen coupe would look sweet.

Sent from my HTC One.
I think the front and rear would be simple enough, the steering wheel might have to be left alone though. Maybe you can tell people your car is now an Acura Accord, or maybe even an Acura Inspire. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
EDIT: As I recall, Acura does not exist outside of NORTH AMERICA....it is all Honda. Lexus is also a creation for the American market. And Infiniti for Nissan. All three of these "daughter" companies were created in the 1980s to get around tariffs the US government assigned to Japanese auto makers because they were doing so well and GM, Ford, and Chrysler were dying. I won't bore you with details, but I can't recall ever seeing an Infiniti outside of North America.

You can see many cars "re-badged" as you travel the world. I saw several Acura RSXs and TL's called "Honda" while in Vietnam and India. So I think what he wants to do here is not out of line (as if it were my business).

As for the steering wheel- there was a member here on the forum that decided to replace his standard "H" with another logo. Because of the airbag he had to use a glue and stick it on top rather than actually replace it.

·
Registered
804 Posts
One word comes to mind.. "poser" . Hell just put a Ferrari one on instead. Its going to be equally believable to anyone that even notices..

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
That's like putting a Lexus emblem on a Camry. Tacky
Ummmn, Toyota re-badged the Camry into the Lexus ES 350 and sold millions of them.

Many car manufacturers share platforms, engines, and trim pieces between their product lines.

Even the mighty Acura NSX is simply called the Honda NSX everywhere in the world except North America and Hong Kong. Same car, diffefrent emblems.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_NSX

Reactions: Ruisu9

·
Registered
613 Posts
Acura exists in Canada...

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
Acura exists in Canada...
Apologies to my Canadian cousins! You are correct sir. I meant that Acura does not "exist" outside of North America- but I just learned that Hong Kong also has Acura....

·
Corvalis TTX
4,608 Posts
EDIT: As I recall, Acura does not exist outside of NORTH AMERICA....it is all Honda. Lexus is also a creation for the American market. And Infiniti for Nissan. All three of these "daughter" companies were created in the 1980s to get around tariffs the US government assigned to Japanese auto makers because they were doing so well and GM, Ford, and Chrysler were dying. I won't bore you with details, but I can't recall ever seeing an Infiniti outside of North America.

You can see many cars "re-badged" as you travel the world. I saw several Acura RSXs and TL's called "Honda" while in Vietnam and India. So I think what he wants to do here is not out of line (as if it were my business).

As for the steering wheel- there was a member here on the forum that decided to replace his standard "H" with another logo. Because of the airbag he had to use a glue and stick it on top rather than actually replace it.
Infiniti is becoming world wide now but you are correct about Acura. It's North America only. Lexus has been world wide for decades. I drove a Lexus LS 400 in Europe in the early 1990s. Infiniti is tipping up the luxury car game in the UK. If you have to drive more than, I think, 60 miles to take your Infiniti for service, Infiniti will pay for trip and even a hotel if necessary.

I remember seeing Honda NSX in the UK and driving a Honda Legend on occasion there.

Edit: thanks to namegoeshere I stand corrected about Acura being North America only.

·
Corvalis TTX
4,608 Posts

·
Corvalis TTX
4,608 Posts
Ummmn, Toyota re-badged the Camry into the Lexus ES 350 and sold millions of them.

Many car manufacturers share platforms, engines, and trim pieces between their product lines.

Even the mighty Acura NSX is simply called the Honda NSX everywhere in the world except North America and Hong Kong. Same car, diffefrent emblems.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_NSX
The ES is slightly more than a simple rebadge. In my experience the interior materials are better quality and there are exterior body differences. You are right that the underlying structure of the Camry and the ES are the same.

·
Corvalis TTX
4,608 Posts

·
2005 Accord EX-L *SSM*
423 Posts
I've seen many cars rebadged, mainly Acura Integras rebadged as Honda's and vice versa for the civics.

Try it, and show us your results. :thmsup:

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
OK, so temp diversion of OP's question is over.....

So how does he change badges?

("Badges? We ain't go no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges!" - Treasure of the Sierra Madre)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts