Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading on Honda's website that the latest HondaLink app is supported on the 2014 Civic and soon to be 2015 Fit. Anyone know if this is going to be supported on the 9th gen Accord? I would assume that it would at some point, but I find it odd that Honda would make it first accessible on their cheapest models and not on the best selling Accord. This app allows you to integrate your phone with the car, including a navigation app that displays right on the Accord's screen.

·
S Drive 24/7
103 Posts
That's interesting, I wonder why they would do that, wouldn't it make it harder for them to sell their navigation models

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's interesting, I wonder why they would do that, wouldn't it make it harder for them to sell their navigation models
It's a $60 app for the navigation. Soon enough all trims will have navigation. Just would be nice on the current non nav trims.

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
Such an insult to see high end goodies offered on the lowest model vehicles.
Imagine how owners of Acura ILX must feel . . . Or owners of TL with respect to 9th Gen Accord.

I have to believe that 2015 Accord will have this feature. 9th Gen Civics now has just about all of the features of Accords, e.g., LaneWatch, Smart Entry and Push Start, 7" capacitive i-MID display, leather, bluetooth streaming, auto climate control, Handsfreelink, HD Radio, XM, etc., etc. I am sure that Civic's Handsfreelink Next Gen would be carried up to Accord later next year.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right now just wish I could get my text messages to show up from my iPhone 5...
I don't even bother. Just see there's a message and check when I stop.

·
S Drive 24/7
103 Posts
The text feature is so useless, honestly

·
2014 CBP CR2 6MT
127 Posts
Is there a current way to have Google maps guidance be audible over the blue tooth link? I just got my accord two weeks ago and also cannot get the text function to work.

·
S Drive 24/7
103 Posts
It should work if you have the phone and the car paired.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
It should work if you have the phone and the car paired.
It should work but it doesn't. I've paired the phone and car numerous times but the feature still does not work. Was planning on having the dealer check into it for me at the first oil change but considering all the problems and lack of knowledge by the dealers regarding the Siri update I'm having second thoughts.

Anyone here that could not get the text feature to work able to find a dealer that solved the problem?

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
The text feature worked before I did the 7.1 update in iOS. Now it doesn't.

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
You must have a developer account? I have the latest software update on my iP5 and it's iOS 7.0.4.
Nah I'm just an idiot lol

I have 7.0.whatever on mine :dunno:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is there a current way to have Google maps guidance be audible over the blue tooth link? I just got my accord two weeks ago and also cannot get the text function to work.
Yeah man, it works really well. Used it last night...as long as your phone is linked, go to BT on the source in the car and you hear the voice over the speakers even if you got music playing from your phone, the same it would normally with just the phone. That's how it works in my LX.

I have given up on the text feature...it's useless.

I don't even bother. Just see there's a message and check when I stop.
I don't even get that...

·
2013 EX-L V6-6MT
348 Posts
Yeah man, it works really well. Used it last night...as long as your phone is linked, go to BT on the source in the car and you hear the voice over the speakers even if you got music playing from your phone, the same it would normally with just the phone. That's how it works in my LX.

I have given up on the text feature...it's useless.
With the Siri update, it will read your text or email to you. It might even work like that without the update if using bluetooth as the source.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
With the Siri update, it will read your text or email to you. It might even work like that without the update if using bluetooth as the source.
Yeah, you're right. It works pretty well with the Siri update. That's why I've pretty much given up on getting the text feature to work as advertised. Still it kinda burns me that I'm not getting all I paid for.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah, you're right. It works pretty well with the Siri update. That's why I've pretty much given up on getting the text feature to work as advertised. Still it kinda burns me that I'm not getting all I paid for.
I tested messaging feature on my 13 EX-L. It prompts you have message and then reads it which is cool but it fails to send replies the standard replies like "ok".

I'm using iPhone 5s on v. 7.0.4

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I tested messaging feature on my 13 EX-L. It prompts you have message and then reads it which is cool but it fails to send replies the standard replies like "ok".

I'm using iPhone 5s on v. 7.0.4
Can you tell me how you got it to work. I have an iP5.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts