Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.......

I own a Galaxy S3 (t-mobile) and received the newest/ revamp of the OS JellyBean (4.3)... While driving i received a text and the message icon popped up on the IMID, but no prompt to read or even show the message. Today I deleted both the BT account on the phone as well as the car. When it was resync'd everything worked perfectly... screen pops up on Imid prompting that i had a message and gave the option to read, reply, and call.

·
S Drive 24/7
103 Posts
Yeah sometimes you just need to delete the initial pairing, and re-pair and voila!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've deleted and resync a million times... only until this time with the new update did certain functions start working....

·
Registered
514 Posts
Did you try the reply option yet? On iPhone, it's not working, although it tries... Curious if that option works on Android.

·
Enjoying Life!!!
54 Posts
It's useless for replying anyways. Only gives a few options.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got a text read to me on Jellybean. The only reply it suggested was that I was driving. In this case the text didn't need a reply.

·
Registered
33 Posts
TTS broke with jelly bean

my android worked with text to speech for a year until I updated to Jelly bean, now everything works except text to speech. I notice that there is a new version of google TTS on the phone now and I guess the hondalink is not compatible with it. I miss that feature. I even tried to downgrade the phone and that didn't work, so i uninstalled the new TTS and that worked for 1 day and then stopped. I had all updates automatic, so I guess some unidentified update is interfering with my TTS feature. I tried repairing, reverting back to factory, you name it. Nothing works.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think something changed in Hondalink because this happened to me today for the first time, too. I have an iPhone 5, and I was asked if I wanted Hondalink to read me my texts. I was able to choose from the replies and one was just what I wanted. This had never happened before and I had definitely received text messages while I was in the car. It didn't work perfectly, though, it sort of got stuck in a loop when I was finished and didn't automatically close. I had to press a lot of buttons to get out of it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts