Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I was going to purchase my Honda Accord at the end of July, but am scared that I'm going to miss out on the 0.9% opportunity. (I need to buy it at the end of July because I'll be moving to a new location and would like to buy the car there rather than having to ship it). Do you think that the offer will really go away after 7/6 or is it just a marketing tactic to make people buy it earlier? What happened in previous years?

Also is it possible to "purchase" the vehicle and not drive it off of the lot until a month later? (In case I want to purchase the vehicle now and pick it up at the end of next month)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
745 Posts
I think they would still give you the 0.9 just about anytime of the year. It's all marketing. If you have a good credit score they want you to purchase a car. You could also probably purchase it and not pick it up until it's convenient. Dealerships are into selling cars.

Reactions: Slides

·
Registered
202 Posts
You could always try the following:
Find your car, find your best price, contact the dealership closest to your new location and see if they will sell you that vehicle for pick up on a specific date. They can only tell you no.

·
Registered
745 Posts
You could always try the following:
Find your car, find your best price, contact the dealership closest to your new location and see if they will sell you that vehicle for pick up on a specific date. They can only tell you no.
I agree purchase date and delivery date are two different things. When my wife got her civic she had to have taffeta white. The only one was 600 miles away. This was during the whole tsunami/ nuclear reactor meltdown thing that nobody cares about now. Inventory was scarce. It took a couple weeks but we technically bought the car and waited.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think it is highly likely that Honda will continue (renew) their 0.9% financing deal after the current offer ends on July 6. They have been consistently renewing this offer for at least the past 12 months, and it is a useful incentive to clear out the 2015 inventory before the new 2016 cars arrive at the end of the summer. At the national economic level, the Federal Reserve decided not to raise interest rates at their meeting last week, and Fed rate increases are not expected until September.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Your credit score will dictate that offer IMO. Regardless of marketing/promotions. We got it 2.5 years ago when we bought ours.
Again, this is just my opinion.

·
Registered
267 Posts
What I did was pre-qualify through another bank, got the 1.5% rate. At the dealership, I let the finance guy give me an offer of 3% at Honda financial. I showed him my loan approval with the other bank and told him to beat it. I got the 0.9%.

·
Registered
298 Posts
What I did was pre-qualify through another bank, got the 1.5% rate. At the dealership, I let the finance guy give me an offer of 3% at Honda financial. I showed him my loan approval with the other bank and told him to beat it. I got the 0.9%.
I did this this past week when I got my Accord...and ended up with 19, yes, 19 credit inquires on my credit report so they could save me 1%... Just a warning to those out there

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Does anyone know what Honda considers a qualifying credit score or what they consider worthy of the 0.9%?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I went in and asked for the .09% rate, they were going to check. Well after 3 times he came back into the cubical, each time telling me I qualified for a lower percent loan I got up and started to walk out. He asked what was the matter and I told him when I came in I asked you to check on Honda's .09% loan and you have come back with 3 other loans - I'm leaving. He quickly told me he would see about that loan right now if I sat back down. He came back in about 1 minute and said I got it for you. He said he had not checked it because so many people that come in don't qualify. What a load of crap, oh well 45 minutes of my life I won't get back but I did get the rate and the car.

The second part was just as bad, saying no to all of the stuff he wanted to sell... tinting, extended war., clear bra, Oil changes, the list goes on but so did the no thanks.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Does anyone know what Honda considers a qualifying credit score or what they consider worthy of the 0.9%?
The Honda Financial "Preferred Credit" tier corresponds to a credit score of 660-709, and "Super Preferred Credit" tier is 710+. Buyers in either of these credit tiers often qualify for the 0.9% offer.

However, getting approved for the 0.9% rate involves more factors than just your FICO credit score. If you want to know for sure if you qualify, you can apply for pre-approval online at www.hondafinancialservices.com/finance/applying-auto, and they'll email you within a day or so.

·
Registered
298 Posts
While true from a scoring perspective it is insignificant, when applying for other credit cards or other loan types, one may be declined due to excessive credit inquiries. My wife works as a loan officer for a credit union and tells me this all the time. Rather depressing. Would require a manual review at that point.

·
CD5 to CR2
205 Posts
I believe I had a 648 or something similar and got the .9. I didn't have a credit card at the time and just had paid off my school loans in full. I believe you just need to have some kind of credit and a stable job to qualify. I also downed 10k so that might have helped as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I believe I had a 648 or something similar and got the .9. I didn't have a credit card at the time and just had paid off my school loans in full. I believe you just need to have some kind of credit and a stable job to qualify. I also downed 10k so that might have helped as well.
I could be wrong, but I don't think how much money you put down has any effect on your interest rate.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Honda doesn't do year around financing at 0.9%. In fact, Honda does it when they're looking to clear out inventory which in this case is the 2015 Accords. When they say its gone, its gone.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Honda doesn't do year around financing at 0.9%. In fact, Honda does it when they're looking to clear out inventory which in this case is the 2015 Accords. When they say its gone, its gone.
True, but Honda doesn't have a crystal ball to determine when those 15s will be gone. If Honda's not happy with the number of 15s remaining on the lots, they'll extend the deadline. Besides, I suspect the July 6 "deadline" is arbitrary - it's no accident that it ends during the July 4 weekend.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I bought my '15 when they had just come out and got .9% no problem. Wasn't anything special going on as far as I know. .9 is nice, only $400 in interest over the life of the loan.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I only wish my stealership would have given me the 0.9% financing option. I guess I didn't play my "poker face" too well. They would only allow me to finance the car at 3.99%, even with a 744 fico score. Within three days of ownership I refinanced with my credit union at 1.79%.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts