Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Young'n
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i find myself back here agian.

I got some questions regarding K-pro for the k24...

#1 Where da fuq do ibuy it?! i can't find retailer anywhere.

#2 Are the benefits worth it? what does it even change?

#3 whats the install like, and is it a direct fit & go?

#4 Do i need supporting mods?

Some answers would be great guys! i really cant find much info on k-pro on k24a4's... and what the effects even are and if its worth buying?

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
1. There is no application for the 7G Accord 4 cyl.

2. It allows the user to change most parameters of the ecu, as well as add features, such as launching rpm. It is a matter of opinion as to whether or not it is worth it.

3. Plug and play depends on the application.

4. You don't need modifications per se, but you would see a greater performance increase if you were to put the money that Hondata costs into bolt-on mods.

·
Young'n
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. There is no application for the 7G Accord 4 cyl.

2. It allows the user to change most parameters of the ecu, as well as add features, such as launching rpm. It is a matter of opinion as to whether or not it is worth it.

3. Plug and play depends on the application.

4. You don't need modifications per se, but you would see a greater performance increase if you were to put the money that Hondata costs into bolt-on mods.

Sheeit, so i can't chip my accord? that ****s. I'd like to get more oomph out of the motor! From what i gather TL intake mani, and exhaust are the only things i can really do to squeeze more power out of it?? it just seems so messed up that the k24a4 only has 160hp when its counter parts have 200+ hp...

·
mobiless2
1,696 Posts
Sheeit, so i can't chip my accord? that ****s. I'd like to get more oomph out of the motor! From what i gather TL intake mani, and exhaust are the only things i can really do to squeeze more power out of it?? it just seems so messed up that the k24a4 only has 160hp when its counter parts have 200+ hp...
Intake manifold from a TSX not TL.

·
Legitimate hack
1,415 Posts

·
Young'n
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Full k-pro setup is 1400+? ouch.

Well, i guess my realistic future plans are.

TSX intake mani - cost $$$?

Header of sorts? DC possibly?

Apexi ws2 catback exhaust 600+$

·
Registered
34 Posts

Its all a waste of money on out motors, If you're lucky and 5 speed you might net 6-10 hp after you dump $1000 on full bolt-on's

If you want real power you need to swap, build, and/or boost

·
Accordial
36 Posts

uhhh, SRI or CAI? probably the first performance mod most people go with.

& considering yours is an '03 you might want to swap the TB from a TSX too if you do the intake manifold

&& take a look in to under drive pulleys; a relatively cheap performance mod

·
Registered
34 Posts
considering yours is an '03 you might want to swap the TB from a TSX too if you do the intake manifold
All TB's from the tsx are Drive-by-wire vs cable on our 03-05 I4 accords and if I remember correctly the earlier tsx TB is the same size as the accord's

·
Legitimate hack
1,415 Posts
All TB's from the tsx are Drive-by-wire vs cable on our 03-05 I4 accords and if I remember correctly the earlier tsx TB is the same size as the accord's
Its been awhile but I'm pretty sure you're right.

·
Young'n
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its all a waste of money on out motors, If you're lucky and 5 speed you might net 6-10 hp after you dump $1000 on full bolt-on's

If you want real power you need to swap, build, and/or boost
Yeah, i know. An accord is by no means a race car, and i understand that. I just want it to sound a little nicer and perform slightly better. keep in mind this is my first car, and i'm a college student haha.

It's a 5 speed luckily

uhhh, SRI or CAI? probably the first performance mod most people go with.

& considering yours is an '03 you might want to swap the TB from a TSX too if you do the intake manifold

&& take a look in to under drive pulleys; a relatively cheap performance mod

CAI ricer status haha, nty.

and drive pulleys? i'm a noob, mind explaining?

·
Banned
546 Posts
Yeah, i know. An accord is by no means a race car, and i understand that. I just want it to sound a little nicer and perform slightly better. keep in mind this is my first car, and i'm a college student haha.

It's a 5 speed luckily

CAI ricer status haha, nty.

and drive pulleys? i'm a noob, mind explaining?
So you think a CAI is "rice" yet trying to mod your '03 I4 5MT for "performance" without actually boosting it or doing some serious mechanical work isn't "rice"? :dunno:

Haha :lmao:

Take the advice of others and save your money. Don't be like so many kids out there wasting money on parts that give hardly any performance increase, cause you to use more fuel because you're constantly running it faster and harder to hear the crappy sounding exhaust, and reducing the life and reliability of your drivetrain because you're now revving the piss out of it to once again hear that crappy sounding exhaust.

If you're in college, save that money for textbooks or tuition. If you're on a full-ride already, save it and invest it or let it gain some interest in a bank account. And FYI, I'm "only" 24 years old and just graduated college last year, so don't think I'm being an "old grandpa"

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
Ahh, okay. But how will that actually add power?
Lightweight pulleys reduce the rotational mass of the parts they are attached to, most importantly, the crankshaft. It increases horsepower via less resistance. I'm sure someone will chime in on the disadvantages of underdriving accessories.

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
I'm another of the "save the money for other things" camp. Ultimately a 4cyl Accord won't do much more than make noise with mods. I invested in wheels that I can sell for close to what I paid and some functional items like fog lights, Bluetooth, etc. if you are in the position to spend the money have at it and experiment, modding your car is the best way to bond with it and grow your interest in cars.

BTW: like Mike W, I am not an old man. I'm 25 with a wife, kid, house and dog. My 2006 Accord is my "grow up" vehicle so I view it differently than past vehicles. Ironic that I grew up in Accords and first drove an Accord and now my daughter will be afforded the same opportunities.

·
Young'n
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So you think a CAI is "rice" yet trying to mod your '03 I4 5MT for "performance" without actually boosting it or doing some serious mechanical work isn't "rice"? :dunno:

Haha :lmao:

Take the advice of others and save your money. Don't be like so many kids out there wasting money on parts that give hardly any performance increase, cause you to use more fuel because you're constantly running it faster and harder to hear the crappy sounding exhaust, and reducing the life and reliability of your drivetrain because you're now revving the piss out of it to once again hear that crappy sounding exhaust.

If you're in college, save that money for textbooks or tuition. If you're on a full-ride already, save it and invest it or let it gain some interest in a bank account. And FYI, I'm "only" 24 years old and just graduated college last year, so don't think I'm being an "old grandpa"
Are you trolling me?

You sound like my old man, haha. Couple days a go he literally said "Morgan, please don't put a cold air intake and exhaust on this car because you will just end up revving it up, getting tickets, shortening the life of your motor and wasting gas". He's 100% right.

But isn't that what being young is all about? doing stupid shit? sure, it's not practical. But if i were to live life by doing only practical, safe, thought out and financially correct things i'd be piece of cardboard.

I'm 19. I like blowing shit up, burnouts, fire, drinking, ganj, chicks and generally hooning.

But you guys are right, guess i'll just be doing exterior / handling mods to this car.

Suspension, wheels (HFP?) rain visors, HID's, fog lights, tint, front lip and the obligatory "DOHC i-VTEC" decal on the side, :lmao:

·
Banned
546 Posts
Are you trolling me?

You sound like my old man, haha. Couple days a go he literally said "Morgan, please don't put a cold air intake and exhaust on this car because you will just end up revving it up, getting tickets, shortening the life of your motor and wasting gas". He's 100% right.

But isn't that what being young is all about? doing stupid shit? sure, it's not practical. But if i were to live life by doing only practical, safe, thought out and financially correct things i'd be piece of cardboard.

I'm 19. I like blowing shit up, burnouts, fire, drinking, ganj, chicks and generally hooning.

But you guys are right, guess i'll just be doing exterior / handling mods to this car.

Suspension, wheels (HFP?) rain visors, HID's, fog lights, tint, front lip and the obligatory "DOHC i-VTEC" decal on the side, :lmao:
No I'm not trolling you, only offering sound advice because I see so many kids on here wasting time and money on cars with "mods" that won't do anything but make them wear their car out faster. If you must mod it, stick with the exterior mods and you'll generally be happier because it'll be something you see each and every time you drive the car, and you'll get more out of it by seeing it and getting that good feeling of accomplishment.

Don't get me wrong, I like to have fun and still do all those things you mentioned (except the smoking weed part...never saw the point because it's a waste of money), but I'm sure as hell not a piece of "cardboard". Saving money when you're young is huge...trust me. It'll allow you to live a much better life and more comfortable life in the future. And again, don't get me wrong as I still spend money on what I want, but saving cash now really pays off later.

You'll get out of college and see all of your friends living paycheck to paycheck while you're already comfortably living and putting away cash each and every paycheck. Plus it is a hell of a nice feeling to be able to go drop cash on a brand new Accord by age 26, or better yet what I'm shooting for - being able to pay cash on a $90k offshore boat by age 30.

It's all about balancing out satisfaction now vs. satisfaction later. Me personally, I'm willing to not throw around $100 here and $500 there in the present day to be able to buy something that's $10k or $50k in 4 or 5 years.

But back to modding, stick with the visuals and stay away from performance "mods".

1 - 19 of 19 Posts