Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Vendor
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All testers, could you please weigh in on the Knock control values in your vehicles. This will be useful for all Accord users in this forum.

Firstly, install Hondata Mobile on your mobile device. and connect to your FlashPro. Take a screen shot and post here with
Vehicle (10AT or MT)
Tune (Stage 1 2 or three)
Fuel supplier (Shell, Arco etc)
Octane
Knock Control %

If you are really advanced, take a datalog with FlashPro of a 0-60mph run then generate an XY chart of RPM vs Knock Control. Here's a quick 60 second video on loading and saving a datalog.

Ok, I'll start off with two Accords,

Accord 10AT
Stage1
Mobil
91 California
54.69% Knock control

Accord MT
Stage3
Shell
91 California
62% Knock Control

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a 2.0 touring AT and I’m running stage 1
I love the throttle response with the mountain of low end torque that just pulls u back into your seat. Then the midrange kicks in with even more pull. FYI the rapid changes in the AT tranny make this accord accelerate with no interruption and with the added tq and hp the tires chirp in what seems like 1,2,3,gears. Gears change so quick it might possibly chirp 4th too.
Changing back an forth from eco mode (oem tune) and normal (stage 1) I’m able to tell the difference and it’s night and day for me. (I can’t imagine what the MT folks feel in stage 3!)
I’ve done lots of pulls on the freeway and up a local mountain pass for the last three weeks now and haven’t seen knock pass 62. In regular driving it hovers around 56~58. I live in LA and it’s been around 85 degrees lately so it’s seen some heat.
This tune has changed my car and I love it even more now.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ok so I just uploaded stage 2 non CARB last night. This morning was -19 Celsius (-2 F) and I did 2 runs full throttle 3rd and 4th gear. Highest I saw the knock control was 58.20 and lowest was 55.47.

Vehicle - 2.0T 6 speed manual
Tune - Stage 2 non CARB
Fuel Supplier - Esso (Canada)
Octane - 91 octane
Knock control % - 55.47 - 58.20

Attachments

·
Vendor
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Accord 2.0 6MT
Stage 2 +6psi
Shell
93 Octane, Ms
55% Knock control

Can't connect to Flashpro via Bluetooth for some reason.
iOS or Android? If Android can you test with an iOS device?

Great graph. Very flat all the way through the rev range. Turbo Civics typically see an increase in Knock control above 5500 rpm due to back-pressure in the turbo. The Accord does not which speaks very well to the design of the turbo system. You have maximum engine performance to the redline with our tunes. This indicates the tunes are not stressing the engine.

Ok so I just uploaded stage 2 non CARB last night. This morning was -19 Celsius (-2 F) and I did 2 runs full throttle 3rd and 4th gear. Highest I saw the knock control was 58.20 and lowest was 55.47.

Vehicle - 2.0T 6 speed manual
Tune - Stage 2 non CARB
Fuel Supplier - Esso (Canada)
Octane - 91 octane
Knock control % - 55.47 - 58.20
This is really good - and you are running Stage 2 with 370 lb-ft torque as well. Tha'ts fair amount of cylinder pressure. If we were going to see an increase in knock level, it would be with this calibration. The cold Toronto air has to help a little bit. 54% is about as low as this will go. When we first picked up our MT Accord, it was running 87 octane with a knock control of 100%.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't know if I can find 91 Octane in my area, I usually see 87, 89, and 93.

2.0 6MT
Stage 2 +6psi
Shell
89 Octane, Ms
83.98% Knock control

I am working on getting some logs for the XY chart. I usually keep the car on Econ and switch to the stage 2 every now and then for mid range (HWY on ramp) acceleration. I have to keep the Econ off long enough so the kcontrol % settles and stops bouncing around as it relearns. This is as high as I have seen it on the 89 Octane, per the app. Once I get the log data I will be able to verify.

I sent TXInsuranceGuy a PM. What tripped me up was you don't connect to the FlashPro (FP) like you do every other Bluetooth device. In the phone's Bluetooth menu, once you see the FP, have entered the pin, and you see it in the Paired Devices list; you are done with the phone's menu. You don't connect to the FP in the phone's Bluetooth menu. You have to go to the Hondata app and press the lightning bolt for it to connect to the FP.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Currently in my area there is a $0.35 price difference per gallon for the 93 octane compared to the 89 Octane. I am just seeing how the 89 octane does on the stage 2 calibration, like I said typically I drive with Econ on and only use the stage 2 every now and then, most of the time is just highway cruising.

If you can safely run 89 octane and only have a minor performance decrease over the 93 octane then It would give you the option to save a little money. 87 octane is out of the questions, unless the ECU would limit boost, timing, ect.. to that extent, like it does with the stock calibration on 87-93 octane. In which case then you could run the stage 2 with 87 Octane and the car would just perform like it was stock on 87 octane.

Its a logical question that Hondata could possibly answer because it speaks more to how the ECU actually controls things in relation to the knock %, Octane and thresholds.

Since this thread is about knock control %, someone else may be wondering the same thing.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Bluetooth working...i think in my garage the laptop was connected by Bluetooth and the FlashPro wouldn't show available...so...lesson learned.

The video in this thread on how to do knock says unavailable.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Bluetooth working...i think in my garage the laptop was connected by Bluetooth and the FlashPro wouldn't show available...so...lesson learned.

The video in this thread on how to do knock says unavailable.
Could you elaborate? My Pixel 2 can't detect the flashpro as an available device.

edit: I was able to fix my problem by 'forgetting' the car's BT connection and then disconnecting & reconnecting the FP. It showed up as an available device and after I entered in the PIN, I was able to connect to it within the Hondata app. Then I had to re-pair my phone to the car's BT.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Here is the XY table for 89 Octane.
Thanks for the charts. So what is considered safe? I was under the impression that you wanted to stay under 60% KC. With 93, you were seeing 55% KC but it's 20+% higher with 89.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts