Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Went with Hondata. Stage 1AT. Installed last night. Didn’t get to drive all that long but off the bat noticed how much smoother it accelerates. This is how our rides are supposed to feel! Good work Hondata. Can’t wait for what else is to come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I read this yesterday on jalopnik that Hondata does have a Stage 2 tune, for both MT and AT.

I don't have a 10 gen Accord yet, but I would be very interested in getting one, if I can run a stage 2 tune without any other upgrades.

Does anyone know if a stage 2 tune is going to require any cooling, tranny, injector.... etc upgrades?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I read this yesterday on jalopnik that Hondata does have a Stage 2 tune, for both MT and AT.

I don't have a 10 gen Accord yet, but I would be very interested in getting one, if I can run a stage 2 tune without any other upgrades.

Does anyone know if a stage 2 tune is going to require any cooling, tranny, injector.... etc upgrades?
Only thing Hondata has recommended is to get a transmission cooler.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Question..is it safe to run stage 2 tunes using 87 octane? I mean, I understand that the peak HP/TQ numbers won't be as high, but, as long as Knock isn't an issue I assume it would be o.k. right? One of the big advantages of this car is running regular gas.

·
Banned
123 Posts
Question..is it safe to run stage 2 tunes using 87 octane? I mean, I understand that the peak HP/TQ numbers won't be as high, but, as long as Knock isn't an issue I assume it would be o.k. right? One of the big advantages of this car is running regular gas.
Personally, if you are going to pay for the tuner and run the tunes, why not just run the premium gas? The higher octane will allow the tunes to work as designed and get the most out of you $ you paid for the tune. Can you run 87, sure, but with lower grade gas your knock control is going to be higher (to keep it from knocking) and its going to pull ignition so less power, which the whole point of the tunes were to get some more power.

·
Vendor
157 Posts
Yes, It is safe. The ECU automatically adjusts to the octane very quickly.

·
Vendor
157 Posts
Is there a Flex Fuel E85 kit in the works?

Curious to see some serious numbers here (;
Flex fuel is the next best power adder after the FlashPro. Unfortunately our cousins north of the border do not have ready access. Sorry. We'd like to see some serious numbers as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hondata flash pro K tuner?

I’m trying to find info on the Hondata flash pro. Is it worth the $700 price tag. How much power do you gain on a stage 2 flash for a 2018 accord 2.0t bone stock? What’s the difference between the K tuner and the flash pro? Which one is better? Does any of the two void factory warranty? I love my Accord and it barely has over 1000 miles on it, looking to juice it up a bit.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I’m trying to find info on the Hondata flash pro. Is it worth the $700 price tag. How much power do you gain on a stage 2 flash for a 2018 accord 2.0t bone stock? What’s the difference between the K tuner and the flash pro? Which one is better? Does any of the two void factory warranty? I love my Accord and it barely has over 1000 miles on it, looking to juice it up a bit.
Like others have stated before, you really can't go wrong with Hondata. Is it worth the price? Absolutely, the cost per HP with the tune is the better than any other power mod that you'll do to the car (outside of a larger turbo).

Personally, I wish Hondata had a display like Cobb or KTuner V2 as I want to be able to see metrics on the fly. I know there is a mobile app, but I'd prefer not to have to use my phone for this as I already have it tied to Android Auto. I had the FlashPro on my 2015 Civic Si and loved it.

·
Senior Citizen
163 Posts
I am interested in anyone with JB4 experience in our cars. This piggyback system is well liked by the VW/Audi crowd. Maintaining my warranty is a priority for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a JB1 on my 2016 GTI DSG. I was awesome and I never had a single problem. I never upgraded to the JB4... I'm sure it is that much better. The install and removal was pretty easy. I will definitely buy one for my sport 2.0 Mt, as long as my clutch will hold the extra power. I only have 450 miles on the odo, so it's it's not time yet. lol

Does burgertuning have a JB4 for the Accord or only the Civic?

Does burgertuning have a JB4 for the Accord or only the Civic?
They do! Sorry, answered my own question. It will be put in my short list of things to get this year. Great product.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had the V1 for my 2016 V6 and loved it. I now have the V1.2 for my 2.0T and will flash after I refuel with 93 octane. I’m hopeful for the same results. The KTuner is loved by many. I’ve heard of few issues, many due to users not knowinf what they are doing...

Just my measly $.02. Thx

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone have clutch slippage after installing the tunes. I come from a 10th gen si whwre almost everyone that had a tuner had clutch slippage

·
Registered
10 Posts
2.0T none at all (shares same clutch plates with CTR)

This is good to know, thanks. I definitely don't want to have to buy an aftermarket clutch. New tires though.... might have to upgrade. That is one thing I wish I did on my GTI. Those stock tires were trash and the touring tires on my sport are pretty limiting.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have been running Ktuner stage 2 on my 2.0T 10AT for the last 6000 miles and have had no issues what so ever.

I generally don't do hard launches, I mostly "roll into it" when passing or accelerating and in most cases, I don't cause a downshift, but the extra power is still very noticeable over stock.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have been running Ktuner stage 2 on my 2.0T 10AT for the last 6000 miles and have had no issues what so ever.

I generally don't do hard launches, I mostly "roll into it" when passing or accelerating and in most cases, I don't cause a downshift, but the extra power is still very noticeable over stock.
Odd question to ask in a performance thread maybe, but have you noticed any highway mpg gains with the tune? I've been unimpressed with my 28.5-29 mpg average on the highway from the stock tune; noticed no improvement after installing 17" all seasons for winter either, but the colder temps and winter fuel might be at play.

85 mph interstate driving clearing isn't helping, but I thought I'd see better. Even with a huge tailwind, 33 mpg is about the best observed on the interstate...thinking it must be just enough into the boost at these speeds to impact mileage noticeably. I picked up 1.5 mpg with a 80 hp tune in my Powerstroke and am hoping a similar situation might occur with the Accord...more power and better mileage!

21 - 40 of 58 Posts