Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Odd question to ask in a performance thread maybe, but have you noticed any highway mpg gains with the tune? I've been unimpressed with my 28.5-29 mpg average on the highway from the stock tune; noticed no improvement after installing 17" all seasons for winter either, but the colder temps and winter fuel might be at play.

85 mph interstate driving clearing isn't helping, but I thought I'd see better. Even with a huge tailwind, 33 mpg is about the best observed on the interstate...thinking it must be just enough into the boost at these speeds to impact mileage noticeably. I picked up 1.5 mpg with a 80 hp tune in my Powerstroke and am hoping a similar situation might occur with the Accord...more power and better mileage!
I'll be installing the KTuner setup in my car this week, so I'll be able to provide some metrics shortly. I've been tracking my gas mileage since day 1 (about 13K miles now) and I'm seeing an average of 27.58 mpg (this is the fuel app average not the dash) in heavy Bay Area traffic.

In general, you should see some slight increases in gas mileage as these tunes run a bit leaner than factory. Although, it may be cancelled out depending on how you drive :wink .

·
Registered
150 Posts
are both resellable in the future if I decide to switch cars?

I'm not sure if it's the suspension or transmission or the way the Accord's stock tune is set up , but when I'm in sport mode and drive around on the streets, it's very lurchy. Sometimes it's refined, but most of the time it's not. Especially when coming to a stop, the car downshifts and I feel the car lunging back and forth just enough to notice.

If a ktuner or hondata tune can help with the above, i'd like to give it a try but am curious if I can sell it to a third party later on as well.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I think in Sport that feeling is more engine braking with my CVT.

·
Registered
138 Posts
are both resellable in the future if I decide to switch cars?

I'm not sure if it's the suspension or transmission or the way the Accord's stock tune is set up , but when I'm in sport mode and drive around on the streets, it's very lurchy. Sometimes it's refined, but most of the time it's not. Especially when coming to a stop, the car downshifts and I feel the car lunging back and forth just enough to notice.

If a ktuner or hondata tune can help with the above, i'd like to give it a try but am curious if I can sell it to a third party later on as well.
Yup, once you uninstall the units from the car (unlock them from the ECU) they can be reused/resold.

My guess with the lurchy behavior is that the throttle mapping and shift schedules are different in Sport and much more sensitive. In Sport the car wants to stay in the lowest gear based on wheel speed and RPM to be...well...more sporty feeling. You'll notice 3 levels of response: Eco, Normal, Sport which effects primarily throttle response in an effort to be either fuel efficient or responsive.

·
Registered
150 Posts
How does the Hondata Flashpro work? Does it change all three settings for the Touring model (ECO, normal, Sport)? Or does it change ECO into the factory normal settings, and then both Normal and Sport modes are the tuned settings?

I would prefer that, and that's what the KTuner offers. Just trying to find out what the differences are if any in how to use the KTuner compared to the Hondata.

·
Registered
436 Posts
If I got tuner, it would be Hondata just because a local, and well respected, tuner shop sells Hondata. They also do a lot of other stuff, as well as having been racing honda engines for a long time.

Right now I am sitting at:

Front End Xpel PPF
Lighter Enkei rims
PRL Intercooler
PRL Intake (preordered)
Eiback RSB
Hondata (not sure yet)

Accord already has the little stuff like tint, rear trunk lid handle, corso motion interior and exterior LEDs. Gotta get into the big stuff now, and since paint is in great shape the PPF is next.

·
Registered
138 Posts
How does the Hondata Flashpro work? Does it change all three settings for the Touring model (ECO, normal, Sport)? Or does it change ECO into the factory normal settings, and then both Normal and Sport modes are the tuned settings?

I would prefer that, and that's what the KTuner offers. Just trying to find out what the differences are if any in how to use the KTuner compared to the Hondata.
I do not believe that Hondata offers the Dual Map capability that KTuner has in their software. I've been researching both and it appears this is not available. I went with KTuner because of their V2 screen as well as the ability to adjust throttle and spool characteristics.

Hondata is a very solid product, but I felt like there was more flexibility with KTuner. Being able to turn down the boost with the push of a button was a huge plus in my eyes. With FlashPro, you would have to reflash the ECU in order to accomplish this. Cobb has been doing this for years as well.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I’m looking to start playing with my 2017 6-6 and will be going with Hondata later this year. It all comes down to customer service for me. Both are great products but I like being able to pick up the phone and talk to a live person.

·
Senior Citizen
163 Posts
I had a JB1 on my 2016 GTI DSG. I was awesome and I never had a single problem. I never upgraded to the JB4... I'm sure it is that much better. The install and removal was pretty easy. I will definitely buy one for my sport 2.0 Mt, as long as my clutch will hold the extra power. I only have 450 miles on the odo, so it's it's not time yet. lol

Does burgertuning have a JB4 for the Accord or only the Civic?

They do! Sorry, answered my own question. It will be put in my short list of things to get this year. Great product.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Yes. Burger Tuning has a JB4 for both the 1.5 and 2.0, Civic and Accord applications. As you mentioned this piggyback device is well liked by the VW/Audi/BMW enthusiasts. Apparently good progressive power and you get to keep your warranty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hondata tune

I tuned my 2019 Sport 2.0 with Hondata, very pleased with the results. Tried the stage 1 tune first, could
definitely tell a difference in power. That was with 87 gasoline. I drove it for a week, then loaded the stage 2 with a
fresh tank of 93. It is a blast to drive now, pulls really hard. Biggest improvement now would be a new set of
performance tires 400, AA , prob go with 245/40/19 to put a little more power to the pavement.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ive used hondata on 4 diffetent vehicles and its an amazing tool, from the preloaded base maps when applicable to the features included and support they offer.

For my 2.0, i bought a ktuner for the first time. The base maps are awesome and the unit qualuty seems great (v1.2). I didnt go with the v2 because i wont be mounting the screen as its my daily driver, work and baby mover.

The 1.2 was cheaper than the flashpro and using the tunerview app to flash maps seemed like a good way to not have to have your laptop with you. It can be a bit finnicky, but it works.

I neee to play with it some more, but i did wish the 1.2 had onboard datalogging. To be fair i need to see how to view the files on laptop after using tunerview, if at all possible.

I have no issues with the 1.2, but if I were to do it again I would go with the v2 or flashpro for laptopless flashing and onboard logging without having to fool around with bluetooth connections. I do feel the UI of ktuner on the desktop software could be polished up a bit, however its fully functional.

Did I say the stage 2 even on the AT transforms the vehicle into a blast to drive?! I almost regret not getting the MT lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All, I have some very basic questions about tuning my 2018 2.0 Sport. Does Stage 1 & 2 tuning require different modules or is simple different programming? Does Stage 2 require any modifications to engine, frame or suspension? Does the Flash Pro void the warranty?
Always been a 8cyl guy so forgive my ignorance. THanks

·
Registered
436 Posts
Depending on what you read, the flashes can be detected now by Honda, with a simple counter that resets every time you flash. So theory being you flash back to stock after you trash something, they can tell if they dig. Whether they will, who knows. I've read enough that I believe it. To be honest, any of us running a tune or something similar (I am running another product), shouldn't be really worried about warranty coverage anyways lol. HAving the 2.0, you already have a lot of juice, unless you want to race it at the track and need more. The aftermarket engine maps really woke my 1.5 up.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi All, I have some very basic questions about tuning my 2018 2.0 Sport. Does Stage 1 & 2 tuning require different modules or is simple different programming? Does Stage 2 require any modifications to engine, frame or suspension? Does the Flash Pro void the warranty?
Always been a 8cyl guy so forgive my ignorance. THanks
You only need to purchase one Ktuner or Hondata unit. Once you do you can run the stage 1 or stage 2 maps as they are available from the respective accompanying software. You can also create a full custom tune if you want to go that route.

No mods are needed to any part of the vehicle, simply plug and play.

Technically, it would void any warranty that honda could prove was a failure due to you modding the Ecu which would be generally the engine, fuel system, transmission and possibly electronics, but it could extend further. Would it affect your warranty on your sunroof? Prob not, but I would consider it a gamble.

Base maps are generally safe, if you abusive it enough something might break. I've modded all my Honda's with many of them new off the lot with bolt on and tunes to full blown stage 2 supercharged/aftercooled and never had any issues with motors, transmissions etc.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Just from looking on youtube, etc... these guys destroy their motors but its usually upgraded turbos and 400+ hp on a 1.5T. Of course, you need to be mindful of what you do if you have a CVT (no burnouts for one lol). These 1.5's are so fun with a little more pep added, not sure I will do many more mods after the intercooler. The PRL downpipe and a free-flowing exhaust would be easy, but I would for sure move to the custom dyno tune a local shop does with Hondata.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Testing

Here's our offer to you. Rather than rely on other people's opinions, test it out for yourself. Give us a call when you get your car, and we'll loan you a test FlashPro to test.

We're going to do better than that. In a future update, we will allow the AT to be tuned as extensively as the MT. Look out for the tech article. Fire any questions our way and we will do our best to answer as quickly as we can. I am out of the country until March 1st, so my replies will not be immediate.
do you have loaner flash pro tunes

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just bought a 2019 2.0t touring with 8500 miles last Thursday and the next day I bought the SiriMoto E85 Flex Fuel Kit with Hondata from Pro import tuners. Pro import tuners said it would be just fine with the 10speed auto. I am supposed to get it this Monday. Supposedly plug and play and comes with an ethanol content gauge. Also ordered a Velocity Concepts cold air intake. I think it looks like identical to the K&N intake. I considered the RV6 careless downpipe but I don't want the exhaust smell or a raspy sound. I am interested in their catted version but I need to understand what it gains it offers.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts