Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Loosen the bumpers near the latch. If the hood doesn't latch anymore or the hood is not flush to the fenders then you've gone too far.

EDIT: By bumpers I mean the rubber knobs that the hood touches. On the 8G there are 4 of them. 2 are adjustable like screws, 2 are not. For the 2 that are not I used some foam tape to get the fit tighter to ensure the hood doesn't vibrate at 100+.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=447978
The flexing I saw was at the rear of the hood , just in front of the base of windshield, no bumpers there. Many car companies are designing hoods to give in pedestrian impacts, Honda may have went too far in this case.

· Registered
82 Posts
Here's an idea. Move the battery under the rear seat like my Alfa 164 or into the trunk like a Jaguar XK8.

BMW and a few others also place batteries in either spot.

A 35 pound battery on moved to the rear is a 70 lb net weight transfer.
Yep new Alfas are under the trunk floor, including their SUV, the Stelvio, and they did it while being able to mount the spare over the top of the battery.

· Registered
82 Posts
It's a flat hood and the front of the car is designed to move a bunch of air through the engine bay. It's normal.

Our Pilot has hood flutter at highway speed as well. It doesn't hurt anything, and the latch mechanism is not going to allow the hood to fly open. It's not like the hood provides an air tight seal.

My '17 Accord with the aluminum hood does not flutter at all. The front of the hood curves down in the front toward the grill, and more than likely doesn't pick up as much draft when going down the road.

The '18 Accord hood is just flat so it's the nature of the beast. It doesn't extend all the way to the grill like in past models.

It's not a defect or an issue. Don't let neurotic OCD behavior get the best of you.
I'm guessing you missed post #24?

· Registered
82 Posts
I'll keep my fingers crossed that mine looks as good as the one you saw when it arrives at the dealer lot next week. How fast did you drive it when looking for the hood flutter? Was it also a windy day to begin with? I would imagine cross winds have something to do with how noticeable the flutter is.
It was a long test drive, so I was able to drive on some bumpy secondary roads as well as I 5 south of Seattle

edit:

Buffeting from semi traffic,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.