Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
281 - 290 of 290 Posts

· Registered
253 Posts
street racing
My 2018 1.5T fluttered starting around 70MPH. My 2019 2.0T hasn't fluttered that I've ever seen, and I get her over (STREET RACING IS FOR PEOPLE WHO LACK INTELLIGENCE AND ARE TOO BROKE TO SPEND $25 AT A TRACK. DO NOT STREET RACE, DO NOT POST ABOUT IT HERE- YOU WILL BE BANNED.) so there's never any cops and you can floor it and it's so much fun in this car.

· Registered
72 Posts
Could you please tell me what you used and any specifics of location and installation tips?
in first time I used very soft material with bad adhesive and after two weeks it fall down. So I used more harder material, foam tape size (1 In x 3/4 In) and 3M Heavy Duty Adhesive. and that work very well, after one year ago still fixed.

And after this I applied what "S2k_Dude" said:

My fix with three stacks of foam pads placed statically above the weatherstripping at the back of the hood, near the windshield, has pretty much resolved the issue for me. I don't notice any fluttering anymore. Seems Honda could address the issue if they wanted to throw a few engineers at coming up with a simple fix.

· Registered
95 Posts
Found this to be happening on my 2019 2.0T, as well as the driver side mirror shaking a bit (not seeing any vibrations on the passenger side). Went to Honda - can tell you that as of now - there are no still TSBs on it. In fact, was told technicians won't drive cars over 60 MPH. Going to apply @khalid al 's fix this weekend, hoping that works.

· Registered
5 Posts
I wanted to let people know that this fix was exactly what i used and it worked great for me. i doubled it up (side by side) and placed it on the hood above the three "hardened spots" in the rubber molding around the engine bay. This eliminated my hood flutter to a degree that i can no longer detect it.

Search Amazon for B089NFWS9Q. White Foam Insulation Tape 2 Rolls 1/2 Inch Wide X 1/2 Inch Thick, Rubber Weather Stripping Seal, Total 13 Feet Long ~$12.

Has anyone confirmed that the 2.0 has the same hardened points? You might have a reinforcement us 1.5s lack sadly.

· Registered
1 Posts
We just returned from a 1,500 mile round trip over the holidays. Our 2018 Accord EXL, 1.5L has noticeable hood flutter at highway speeds. By that I would describe it as a flexing up and down of the hood. Have others noticed this condition on the open road?
This is our 6th new Accord and don't recall this on prior generations.
Hi. I have 2018 Honda Accord Ex-l. My 4th accord. I noticed at highway speeds mine doing the same thing. I went under the hood and the foam heat shield attached to hood clamps needed pushed on more. I feel like the air comes thru the grille and if the felt isn’t flush it moves. I suggest which I did was run electrical tape across the front part of the felt with half on metal hood. It will help the hood vibration by sealing off the air.

281 - 290 of 290 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.