Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do Canadian models come with hood shocks or supports?

Can anyone confirm the Canadian models come with hood shocks or supports? And if so, can you get part numbers?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Strange that a couple of parts diagrams show the struts but most don't.
Can you link to a parts list that does? I'm looking at both the US and Canadian parts list and don't see a gas strut shown for the 2018 Accord's hood. (Honda calls this a "hood opener dumper assembly" on the 2017 Accord. *giggle* I think they mean "damper".)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a 2018 Accord (US model) EX-L . No hood struts on my car. Don't know about touring model, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Can you link to a parts list that does? I'm looking at both the US and Canadian parts list and don't see a gas strut shown for the 2018 Accord's hood. (Honda calls this a "hood opener dumper assembly" on the 2017 Accord. *giggle* I think they mean "damper".)
It didn't show a part number and then when I looked closer think it may have been wrong drawing. Sorry.

·
2020 best year
4,199 Posts
Historically, only the V6s get the hood supports.

10th Gen doesn't come with a V6 option, so...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wish I could read Japanese. :-(

Thanks for getting those pics alwan

·
2020 best year
4,199 Posts
I wish I could read Japanese. :-(

Thanks for getting those pics alwan
You mean the characters beside Stabilus? That's actually Chinese...

It just says "High pressure; please recycle properly."

(By which they mean, if you ever toss these things out, you are supposed to slice open the tube on the side to relieve the pressure before tossing it.)

Sent via MHA-L29. Whatever.

Reactions: BuickNut

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the hood struts I am from Saudi Arabia all Accords imported from US. from where I can get the part number?
Interesting ... by the way what trim level do you have for your 2018 Accord. Is it 2.0 Turbo or 1.5? Is it Touring, EXL, EX etc.? I am curious. Thnx.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Interesting ... by the way what trim level do you have for your 2018 Accord. Is it 2.0 Turbo or 1.5? Is it Touring, EXL, EX etc.? I am curious. Thnx.
Mine is Sport 2.0.
The top trim we have here is Sport 2.0 no touring. But the sport 2.0 have some features from US Touring version like the HUD and ventilated seats. All trims have hood strut
you can read all specifications link below (click on features button ) :
https://www.honda-mideast.com/en/specification?id=4AABE5F05E2240C3AF02D378CB99A1F1

·
Banned
115 Posts
I wonder if we have the predrilled holes for the strut. Interesting that there is only 1 strut. I wish US models had them. My Touring 1.5T does not.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I wonder if we have the predrilled holes for the strut. Interesting that there is only 1 strut. I wish US models had them. My Touring 1.5T does not.
It probably only has one due to the lightweight hood. That looks like a very quick and easy install if we're able to find a part number.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey...I was wondering if anybody has tried to add hood struts to their 18 Accord. If you have ever had to open the hood this summer you know that the combination of the cars heat and the sun makes it a PITA to open the hood without getting a third degree burn on your fingers. I think it can be done I'm just not sure of the strut length needed and the extra parts required. I was inspired by seeing this video of a CTR.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
12,572 Posts
Hey...I was wondering if anybody has tried to add hood struts to their 18 Accord. If you have ever had to open the hood this summer you know that the combination of the cars heat and the sun makes it a PITA to open the hood without getting a third degree burn on your fingers.
Never had that problem and I live where temps routinely reach 110°F - 120°F in the summer. From what I can see, Richmond, VA rarely sees temps above 100°F

And how are hood struts which are designed to keep the hood up going to make it easier to open? You still have to touch the hood.

·
Turbocharged
938 Posts
And how are hood struts which are designed to keep the hood up going to make it easier to open? You still have to touch the hood.
Agreed, I have hood struts on the Camry and I always thought it would make life easier, but it really doesn't. All it eliminates the picking up the hood props.

Also, I'm not sure if any variant of the 10th gen came with hood struts, but keep in mind that adding hood struts to hoods that isn't meant for struts may damage the hood through excess force. I think I've read somewhere on the 8th gen forum or the 9th gen forum that the trims that came with struts had extra reinforcements at where the struts are attached to the hood.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts