Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

2003 Accord V6 Sedan

Anyone out there replaced their hood? Anyone out there know how to do it effectively?

The nose of mine (underneath one of those 3m protectors no-less) has a ton of rust building up -- like all the way through. I'm just going to salvage one hopefully and replace it. Can't complain too much, the car has 235k on it. Surprisingly the rest of the body looks great, just where the 3m film was lol.

·
3rd Gear Roll
23 Posts
i dont remember ecatly what the hinge system is like, but your best bet is to probably detatch the hinge from the frame and pull it off. you might want an extra set of hands just in case... then pull the hinges off the old hood, and re-install on the new one, then just bolt it back onto the car.
shouldnt be much harde than that. i think youll need a 10mm or 12 mm socket and wrench, you should be covered with 10,11,12, and 13mm

·
Ballin' on a budget
424 Posts
You will definitely want a second person who has a little muscle to help you. Two ratchets make the job much easier too so you're not fumbling for tools.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys -- yeah I haven't even looked at it. I'm guessing the tougher part will be finding a 'new' hood.

Should just be a few bolts at the hinges. I'm guessing the air struts will need to be reconnected as well. 2nd person, maybe even three is a great idea since it's pretty bulky.

I'm guessing there's some wires etc embedded in the hood under the insulation.

·
2006 I4 MT
1,689 Posts
I would go with OEM for safety reasons. Aftermarket ones might not perform as good in an accident. I wouldn't want to get decapitated by a cheap hood.

·
03 EX V6, and 6 others
147 Posts
Two bolts on each hinge (10mm). Then pop off the supports on each side.

Takes about 10 minutes tops to remove. I pulled mine off last year to paint it, then again last weekend to pull the engine.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Hi All,

2003 Accord V6 Sedan

Anyone out there replaced their hood? Anyone out there know how to do it effectively?

The nose of mine (underneath one of those 3m protectors no-less) has a ton of rust building up -- like all the way through. I'm just going to salvage one hopefully and replace it. Can't complain too much, the car has 235k on it. Surprisingly the rest of the body looks great, just where the 3m film was lol.
yea, mine is looking the same way but does not sound as bad as yours. Salvage yard is out of the question as most likely the same issue. Maybe a carbon fiber hood?

·
EX V6 6spd
133 Posts
Check out rockauto, i seen it there for good price. Just make sure to get CAPA certified ones and youre good. Youll need paint of course.

·
'04 Accord EX, 5AT
20 Posts
Check out rockauto, i seen it there for good price. Just make sure to get CAPA certified ones and youre good. Youll need paint of course.
Shipping at Rock is as much as the hood. I'd try some other sources. I actually am talking to a local plastidip/window tint guy who can get OEM/CAPA for ~$140. Also try a PDR guy--them may have a source.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts