Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone steer me to the horn relay location for this car? I went to get car inspected and horn is not working. I've read through a bunch of troubleshooting articles and it seems I should start at the relay because when I press the horn, I don't hear any relay clicking. Fuse is good under hood, brake lights work, etc. Any help would be appreciated. I've spent way too much time researching it's location and my head is starting to spin! Thx in advance!!!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Can anyone steer me to the horn relay location for this car? I went to get car inspected and horn is not working. I've read through a bunch of troubleshooting articles and it seems I should start at the relay because when I press the horn, I don't hear any relay clicking. Fuse is good under hood, brake lights work, etc. Any help would be appreciated. I've spent way too much time researching it's location and my head is starting to spin! Thx in advance!!!
It would be hard to hear a relay that's located in the engine compartment from inside the car. Horn relay should be in the black fuse/relay box u see the hood. If you locate it have some press the horn while you listen to the relay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be hard to hear a relay that's located in the engine compartment from inside the car. Horn relay should be in the black fuse/relay box u see the hood. If you locate it have some press the horn while you listen to the relay.
Yeah, that's what I tried. I had my wife hold the horn down while I listened...no luck. Judging from the pics on the fusebox/relay cover, there was nothing that resembled a horn relay. I basically put my ear on every relay while she was holding down the horn...but nothing.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Owners manual!!!

If your horn isnt working, you might not hear the relay click depending on where the problem is. It might not be clicking!!!

They typically are in the underhood fuse box, and underneath the fuse box cover is usually a "map" telling you what relay is what, if you dont have your owners manual.

If you still cant find it PM me and i can get you the exact location when im at work. I can snag a picture from a shop manual and send it to you.

·
Registered
745 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Owners manual!!!

If your horn isnt working, you might not hear the relay click depending on where the problem is. It might not be clicking!!!

They typically are in the underhood fuse box, and underneath the fuse box cover is usually a "map" telling you what relay is what, if you dont have your owners manual.

If you still cant find it PM me and i can get you the exact location when im at work. I can snag a picture from a shop manual and send it to you.
Lol, I guess I should have stated the obvious in my first post. I checked the owners manual and there is nothing remotely close to a horn relay, just the fuse which also controls the brake lights. I'll send you a pm.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so I did a little searching for you. This is a thread about a 2006 accord. I'm guessing 04 and 06 are the same generation. Sorry I'm an 8th gen guy lol. Scroll part way down and there is a picture from a factory manual with the location of the horn relay. Good luck. http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/154-audio-electronics-lighting/306106-2006-accord-horn.html
Cool, thanks man. I actually saw this article too and it was the only one with an illustrated diagram. I just wanted to see if someone knew for certain they were in the same location from 04-06. There have been so many answers across the web steering me in so many different locations for an 04, I didn't wanna start pulling trim pieces until I was certain. Will try this when I get home today. Thx again.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yea I wouldn't imagine they would change it but you never know lol

Reactions: youcantzme

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea I wouldn't imagine they would change it but you never know lol
Low and behold, they changed it! lol After talking to a couple mechanics that have access to the service manuals for my car, it seems that the horn relay is integral to the relay control module (built into the fusebox) making it non replaceable or a point of access to troubleshoot. Thankfully, crmplex is nice enough to try and walk me through the troubleshooting process (which I GREATLY APPRECIATE). I'll update the post with what I find and how I got there for any future peeps that may ever have this problem. Maybe I can save them some of the stress and countless hours searching for something that can't be found...lol.

·
Registered
841 Posts
So you never told me how you made out? Did you get the cable reel installed?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I sure didn't man. I took the family on a spur of the moment beach trip and maxed out my credit card doing so...lol. Payment just cleared so I'll be ordering part today and hopefully will have some good news by the end of the week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Cable reel arrived today! Got it installed and "VOILA"... horn worked!! Can't thank you enough for your help bro. Hopefully someday I can return the favor!! crmplex is the man!!! Was nice enough to take his time and forward me pics and detailed troubleshooting instructions!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cable reel arrived today! Got it installed and "VOILA"... horn worked!! Can't thank you enough for your help bro. Hopefully someday I can return the favor!! crmplex is the man!!! Was nice enough to take his time and forward me pics and detailed troubleshooting instructions!!
Hi have the same problem with my horn but all the controls on the steering wheel are working except the horn so do you think that changing the cable reel will fix my horn

1 - 14 of 14 Posts