Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day, I noticed a small water leak coming from the left side (driver's side) of my rear bumper? I believe that it was water because I touched the liquid and it felt like water and didnt seem to have any odor. I havent noticed it since and havent noticed a decrease in fuel range, so Id be inclined to believe it isnt a fuel leak.
Anyways, what is this hose? I dont have a sunroof, so its not a sunroof drain hose.

·
7th Gear
373 Posts
The other day, I noticed a small water leak coming from the left side (driver's side) of my rear bumper? I believe that it was water because I touched the liquid and it felt like water and didnt seem to have any odor. I havent noticed it since and havent noticed a decrease in fuel range, so Id be inclined to believe it isnt a fuel leak.
Anyways, what is this hose? I dont have a sunroof, so its not a sunroof drain hose.
Its the gas tank over flow hole. Open the gas tank and you will see a hole under the cap. Its intention is that when done filling gas the pump nozzle drips don't hit your cars paint.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
can you post a pic of this "hose" you are referring to? The fuel filler neck runs up the driver's rear wheel well just left of the shock. I don't know if there is an overflow hose attached to this as I haven't looked that closely. But if so, can you trace this "hose" back to that filler neck?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Its the gas tank over flow hole. Open the gas tank and you will see a hole under the cap. Its intention is that when done filling gas the pump nozzle drips don't hit your cars paint.
If it is that, it is also so that water that runs behind the gas tank door has a place to go instead of collecting around the cap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts