Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 accord ex-L sedan v6 w/navigation, dual climate

the left vents (driver's), any air coming through them is hot. and putting AC on does not cool it.

regular street air coming in is heated up too. i have to close off the outside air or it is like the heat is on, on that side.

what is the problem, you think?

·
07 Honda Accord EX-L V6
312 Posts
does it help if u turn your side all the way max cold ?

mine does that too. something wrong with either the uhm.. thing that changes it or not enough refrigerant. mine fixes when i turn it all the way max cold, let it run a few sec, then back to temp i want. doesnt happen all the time.

·
Reflections Auto Detail
1,247 Posts
That's the classic symptom of low refrigerant in these cars. When it gets low, the driver's side stays warm or ambient and the pass side gets all the love from the refrigerant. Check or have your refrigerant level checked and chances are 99% you are low.

·
07 Honda Accord EX-L V6
312 Posts
is there an easy way to add yourself? or need a mech? never done it before

looked on YT for videos. seems like buy a recharge thing from autostore, find the L pressure valve. turn car on with a/c blasting and high.... attach the end to the L. rotating/flipping can ever few sec until gauge says filled :<

·
Reflections Auto Detail
1,247 Posts
is there an easy way to add yourself? or need a mech? never done it before

looked on YT for videos. seems like buy a recharge thing from autostore, find the L pressure valve. turn car on with a/c blasting and high.... attach the end to the L. rotating/flipping can ever few sec until gauge says filled :<
Yes, you can do it yourself using that procedure.

·
07 Honda Accord EX-L V6
312 Posts
any refrigerant ok? or honda? XD since ive been following what u guys said and use mostly only honda fluids except motor oil

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
You probably have a leak. Mine was leaking on the hose connection at the compressor and evident by the dirt around the connection. I had the seal changed out after getting the system evaccuated. If you go that route you will have to have it evaced and recharged professionally but at least its done right and the cost is the same.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
found a fix for the 'hot on one side' problem!

start car, turn fan on to max, turn manual AC control to on, set temperature up all the way to HI, leave car running a few minutes, turn off all AC with the off button, turn car off, restart car, turn on AC, reduce temperature setting back down.

cold air on both sides! i read something about the 'temperature sensor' needed reset, or whatever.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Great. I was gonna ask if maybe your mother in law was sitting on that side. Should always rule out the easy things first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts