Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2017 Accord that had to have a new passenger mirror. (The vehicle has a GPS) None of the recommended combinations of button pressing gets us to the menu where you can aim the camera at the card with 6 black dots. Does anyone know what the correct combination is? Happy to buy a pizza for the one that can share this info!

Thanks.

[email protected]

·
Registered
47 Posts
The attached files are from the 2017 Honda Service manual - are they different than what you have already tried?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me check this out. Thanks Glen! You may have won a pizza! Ken

Glen: This opens my compass calibration. Not sure why it won’t open the LaneWatch. So close!! Thanks

This brought up the compass calibration. I think you are getting me closer. Got any other ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hmm. Works just like the manual says on my 2017 EX - just tried it (but obviously did not hit the "Aiming Start" button).

What trim level do you have?

Sequence after you get into the diagnostic screen:
  • Select "Detail Information" button (lower of the two)
  • Select "Functional Setup"
  • Select "Lane Watch:
  • Select "Aiming Start"
I'm guessing you have Navigation and that is why you have GPS?

Edit: Just realized I have a "GPS Button" in the diagnostic menu and it just shows the active satellites. Not sure what my non-NAV car uses it for, but I'll have to read up on it.

Ok....I think I know the issue.

You need to make sure you are holding all 3 buttons, not just Menu. To do Compass setting, you hold the Menu button for 5 seconds.

Might have a helper hold one while you hold the other 2. I've got pretty big hands, and I can't always do it correctly the first time.

Edit: Just realized that I use two hands anyway. But you might see if someone else can do it - I usually have to try it 2-3 times before it works.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! Will try tomorrow. I am smelling a pizza in your future! 😷

UPDATE:

Glenn: It worked! Where can I send the pizza? THANK YOU!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's okay....treat your SO to pizza. Glad it all worked out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts