Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The low tire warning came on in my 2016 Accord, so I checked the pressure, added some air to one of the tires and ran the tire pressure calibration.

That cleared the warning that shows up above the steering wheel, but now there’s a yellow envelope with an exclamation mark in the entertain center. If I swipe down and tap it, it takes me to the Honda-Link warning messages with text about low tire pressure. It appears when the car generates a low tire alert, it also generates on in Honda-Link, but I can’t find any way to clear this. The only option is to call roadside assistance.

The iOS Honda-Link app used to show these and I could clear them there, but that’s no longer the case.

Doing a search comes up with something about clearing cache in the “TelematicsApp”, but that’s not something that exists in the 2016 Accord.

Does anyone know how to clear this warning?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It went away on its own the next day. Unfortunately my battery died, but that’s unrelated I’m assuming.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Did you try the button on the lower left side of the dash? There are a few ways to reset this.

Once all of the tires are filled to the appropriate pressure the tire pressure light will still be on. To turn this light off the TPMS system will have to be re-calibrated. This is done very simply. Below are simple steps to do so.

Models with the touchscreen display
• From the Home screen, select Settings.
• Go into vehicle settings.
• Select TPMS Calibration.
•Select Calibrate.

Models without the touchscreen display:
Use the steering wheel buttons to make and enter selections in the Driver Information Interface.
• Scroll to the vehicle Settings screen, and select it.
• Select TPMS Calibration.
• Select Calibrate.

Most Honda’s are equipped with a TPMS calibration button as well. The button is usually located right underneath the dash. Identically the button has the same tire symbol with explanation mark that shows up on your dash. To re-calibrate the TPMS system using this button just…
• Turn the vehicle on.
• Leave the vehicle in park. If the vehicle is a manual transmission, put the vehicle in neutral.
• Press and hold the button until the tire pressure light on the dash blinks.
Furthermore, the vehicle will do the rest of the calibration on its own when driven

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,412 Posts
I think recalibration only turns off the light in the dash. The only way I know of to get rid of a Hondalink message is to read it. The car might have to be stopped and in Park to do this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts