Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have a 2013 touring i4 Canadian. So when I get to developers menu and go to restriction operation my options are either b-can or VSP. And none of them do anything.

·
Registered
564 Posts
If someone could figure out how to turn the OR on/off, it might help make the navi and other features more useable when driving. It doesn't seem like the EX-L w/navi has on/off, but it's available on some of the lower trim lines (guessing non-navi). Go to youtube and search on "operation restriction" if you're not familiar with this function.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But wen i am on the operation restriction option i only get the option of V-scan or B-Can, and they both do anything different.

This shows how it can be done on the other model cars.

how do i do this on a touring canadian model. When i go into this option all i get is B-can and v-scan

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
I tried that on my US EX-L. It resets every time the car is restarted so it didn't matter. :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
If someone could figure out how to turn the OR on/off, it might help make the navi and other features more useable when driving. It doesn't seem like the EX-L w/navi has on/off, but it's available on some of the lower trim lines (guessing non-navi). Go to youtube and search on "operation restriction" if you're not familiar with this function.
Where you able to figure this out? I have a 2014 EX-L with Navi and I am also getting B-can and v-scan as an option.

·
Registered
158 Posts
It would be great to figure out how to modify this. My wife wants to be able to operate the Nav while I am driving but can't with the current set-up.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Same here, I got 2013 Honda Accord Touring.

All I got is B-CAN/VSP. No matter what I selected, when I got out of the DIAG menu and get back in. It always go back to B-CAN.

And it doesn't do a thing! It always going back to "B-CAN" what ever that is!

BTW, to get into DIAG menu for Navi. You need to hold down "MENU", "NAV" and the "BACK" Button at the same time for 5 seconds.

·
Registered
620 Posts
My 2014 Touring only shows B-CAN and VSP under the Operation Restriction menu. My research shows that:
  1. B-CAN = Body Controller Area Network (default); and
  2. VSP = Vehicle Speed Pulse.
Also, from my research, I'm assuming that B-CAN is computer monitored speed (via the ECU) and VSP is GPS monitored speed. These options only indicate how to determine whether the car is moving so that the restrictions can be applied. (NOTE: Once I selected VSP, it remained even after the car was turn off and back on.)

Some owners have the ON/OFF option, and thus can turn off the restriction. However, B-CAN/VSP owners can never turn off the restriction ... only how it is activated. So, I wonder if only those without NAV have ON/OFF, but those with NAV have B-CAN/VSP.

Unfortunately, the ability to disable the restriction may not be available on NAV Accords through the Developer menu. Hopefully, someone can discover another way to disable the restrictions via the menus.

·
Registered
620 Posts
If you want to be able to unlock the restrictions while in motion you have to do what I did here or similar: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=224089&highlight=phonebook+in+motion

Even if you cut the VPS wire and select VPS in developer the system will use GPS speed to lock out in motion.

P.S. This only works on nav equipped radios.
Thanks WiredTouring, I saw your thread earlier. It appears to be a good solution. But, I prefer not to do those kind of mods to the electronics (I'm chicken). Plus, it's more work than I'm willing to do (I'm lazy).

Although doubtful, I'm hoping someone finds a menu option that allows disabling of the restrictions.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have resolved this & figured I would share
<iframe width="560" height="315" src=[ YT ]AEk68BIW7c[ /YT ] frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
First off the accord does not have a HdMi port. Second i watched the first 8 minutes of the damn video and you hadnt showed up how to do anything...OMG... How do you expect people to watch you just talk..lol.. If your going to make a how to video then spare us the 8 minute monologue and get to the how to... Damn!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lol...First off you need to learn how to read (oo) or you need glasses note the title "2014 Honda Civic Ex" not Accord. As I'm unaware of all the makes & models that have the same utilities mine does. As for my monologue it was 2:55 am lets see how concise you are after no sleep for 24 hrs. And last I'm saving my self from the less technically inclined, as with every video less it be precise there's a 80% rate of the general population that cannot read & are simply amazed the sun comes up each day. This sucks for those that really consider these individuals "in the way people". However, that being said post your video for the accord I'd like to see the differences in the interfaces.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts