Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
looks like you're going to need a professional to work on that. try locating a mobile paint/dent repair in your area

·
Registered
165 Posts
1. Buy the MSM touch-up paint from the dealer
2. Use a toothpick and dab in the paint (10+ 'coat's' allowing 24+ hours in between to dry)
3. Wet sand the scratch until the area is even with the OEM painted area (2000, then 2500, finally 3000 grit sandpaper)
4. Polish the area with Meguiar's M10508 Ultra Cut Compound. This stuff works wonders to bring back the luster to the sanded area.

·
Thunder Up!
3,045 Posts
Yup. It's inside so you could touch it up and blah blah...just like above. Should be good enough and you won't have to pay much.

Another option is to look on AutoGeek, etc to see if there are any detailers in your area. Maybe they'll want to tackle that problem

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
5,317 Posts
How on earth do i fix this scratch? My paint color is MSM and i see three distinct layers in this scratch. Does that mean I need professional help? Can the dealer do it?
It looks like it is in the door jam. If thats the case then you just need a $6 tube of Scratch-Fix from AutoZone or Parts America. No need to pay a body shop $500-$700 to fix that.

In a week you wont even care that its there.

Jay

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.