Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I backed into the garage and messed up the right side mirror completely

i called the dealership and they're charging me $364 for one mirror, but after looking through the honda estore I think the parts shouldn't cost more than $200 (it would be easy just to replace the whole thing though)

I have a lot of question, do I need to buy it from the honda store or can I buy the mirror assembly kit from another OEM supplier?

Also, in this diagram: http://estore.honda.com/honda/images/parts/catalogs/EA/14T2AD01/Estore/illustrations2/T2A4B4300B.png

how do I remove the no.2/no.10 cover on the mirror? since only the housing and everything in it is messsed up, I'd like to save the cost of the base

Also, how do I remove no.1/no.9 skull cap? I see a bunch of star shaped screws in the housing, should I worry about it?

Last question, how do I remove the electric plug on the inside of the door under the plastic cover( part no. 7/no.15)? (on the same side as the three screws holding the mirror in place)

thanks so much!

·
Banned
784 Posts
I backed into the garage and messed up the right side mirror completely
i called the dealership and they're charging me $364 for one mirror, but after looking through the honda estore I think the parts shouldn't cost more than $200 (it would be easy just to replace the whole thing though)
I have a lot of question, do I need to buy it from the honda store or can I buy the mirror assembly kit from another OEM supplier?
Also, in this diagram: http://estore.honda.com/honda/images/parts/catalogs/EA/14T2AD01/Estore/illustrations2/T2A4B4300B.png
how do I remove the no.2/no.10 cover on the mirror? since only the housing and everything in it is messsed up, I'd like to save the cost of the base
Also, how do I remove no.1/no.9 skull cap? I see a bunch of star shaped screws in the housing, should I worry about it?
Last question, how do I remove the electric plug on the inside of the door under the plastic cover( part no. 7/no.15)? (on the same side as the three screws holding the mirror in place)
thanks so much!
Watch this video - it is not that hard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i watched the video too, and was able to get the black plastic on the inside off, and that website also doesn't sell the whole kit, if i buy the individual parts, do i have to put it together or will it show up as one part and i just pop it back in?

thanks!

Shouldn't be too different than this. Skull caps should pop right off with a little careful prying. You can buy from College Hill or any other dealer/parts site.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4De03v5LpLE
like in the diagram and the collegehillshondaparts site's diagram is the same as the one i attached, and it looks like every part needs to be bought individuallly, is that going to be a problem? will i have to assemble everything on my own?

·
Registered
878 Posts
I knocked my passenger side mirror off yesterday evening. I have a 2014, same as JackK and they are a little different than the previous generation which is shown in the videos above. Here is a good video that shows how to remove the door panel from a generation 9:
For this job you don't need to remove it completely, you can leave the cables that go to the latch connected if you wish.

Also noticed the 3 nuts that hold the mirror are 10mm and there are no others behind the black triangular panel. The white plug in the video looks like it is right next to the sheet metal piece behind the plastic triangle, in my 2014 car is is down behind the door panel.

I got it all apart without breaking any plastic pieces so now I need to find and order a replacement.

·
mobiless2
1,696 Posts
The skull cap no longer pops off like previous models, it's screwed in. You need to remove mirror to access the screws, then you have to squeeze some tabs to release cap.

Reminds me I need to post my used mirrors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts